Want to work for a dynamic company that welcomes creative inventors to help build software that adds value to millions of people? Let’s talk!!
mHelpDesk is not your average software company. Located in Fairfax, VA, we are a fast growing start-up and recent recipients of the TIMMY Award for Best Tech Culture in DC in 2019! mHelpDesk is a part of ANGI Homeservices Inc. (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. We build products that solve real problems and turn home improvement jobs imagined into jobs well-done with our service based software. People throughout North America and Europe rely on our technologies to book quality home service pros across 500 different categories, from repairing and remodeling to cleaning and landscaping. Over 250,000 service professionals find work through ANGI Homeservices and complete over 20 million projects each year.
Our mission is to create the easiest and most powerful software solution that helps field service and repair businesses manage everything from contacting leads to collecting payment. We provide mobile and online tools that are unmatched in performance, reliability, and functionality. Our team consists of dedicated and highly-skilled developers, product managers, marketers, sales professionals and customer support experts. We are committed to providing the best software backed by the best people.
We are looking for a talented and energetic UX-focused Product Designer to compose user-centric solutions that give our customers a world class experience. This person will be joining a dynamic product team that works in close collaboration with our development and QE teams helping to shape and influence future features and products, driving customer outcomes. You’re the ideal candidate if you have driven and delivered software designs that create simplicity and increased customer engagement.You must also be a team player, always giving your best to provide for our customers. We value every team member and if we hire you, it’s because we think you can do big things with us. You can learn more about our work environment and product HERE or HERE!
- Working alongside other Product Designers, develop a comprehensive understanding of our product needs and collaborate with the product team to develop use cases, user stories, user flows, and wireframes.
- Conduct research with users, sales, and customer success to identify and eliminate sub-optimal design patterns and usability issues.
- Serve as a key member of our solution team to define solutions to important market problems.
- Be accountable for all assigned design work. Ensure the job gets done by doing the work necessary to achieve designated outcomes:
- Translate wireframes into well-thought-out interfaces, high fidelity mockups, and smooth and intuitive interactions.
- Design and conduct usability tests with users and internal stakeholders.
- Update the design system using Sketch libraries and Zeplin.
- Clearly articulate creative ideas and concepts.
- Be a great team player. Collaborate closely with developers, product managers, and stakeholders in workshop and solution sessions.
- Work closely with developers and QA team to ensure pixel perfect implementation of design deliverables.
- Solve problems creatively and effectively. Participate in the discovery and ideation process for ongoing features and product enhancements. Provide feedback, ask questions, and propose solutions.
- Promote and evangelize best practices, design tooling, with a mentality for efficiency and simplicity.
- Occasionally design new branding and marketing materials and support other internal design needs.
- 2+ years of professional experience in Interaction and Visual Design
- Portfolio demonstrating experience with complex web app design, mobile experience a plus
- Experience with design software such as Sketch, InVision, Axure and/or Adobe CC
- Experience conducting UX research using proven methodologies, including questionnaire design, usability testing (moderated remote and in-person), card sorting, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate cross-functionally with teams and leaders from various backgrounds
- Experience with web analytics tools such as Pendo, Google Analytics, Heap, etc. (or other similar software)
- Comfortable with Google office products
*A portfolio of sample work is required to be submitted along with candidate resume.
mHelpDesk is a leading provider of web-based service management software that is revolutionizing how companies manage their customers and service tickets. We’ve grown our customer base to 6,000+ companies over three years by offering superlative support and a hassle-free sales experience from a smart and dedicated team of support specialists who also guide customer trials through the conversion process. mHelpDesk was rated 5 Stars in Capterra, and has been featured on CBS Money Watch, Tech Crunch, Washington Business Journal, and The Boston Globe. Learn more at www.mHelpDesk.com.
You will be joining a bright group of experienced folks who love what they are doing to create a unique experience for our customers. Individuals seeking employment at mHelpDesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.