Looking for your next great adventure? mHelpDesk, an operating business of HomeAdvisor/IAC is a rapidly growing startup based in Fairfax, VA, and we are looking for you!
We know you’re looking for more than just a job, you’re looking for a career. Here’s your chance to launch that career and work for one of the best startups in the DC Metro area which is in rocket-ship mode. Get an inside glimpse of our fun and motivating environment by being a part of it. We build products that solve real problems and focus on the experience of the end user. We’re looking for someone who is action-oriented and has a passion for numbers, modeling, and identifying key strategic opportunities.
mHelpDesk is not your average software company. We are a fast growing company that was recently acquired by a major internet brand. This is a great opportunity for you to get involved at an early stage. Think of us as a startup without all the risks of working for a startup. That means no late (or missed) paychecks, no need to find your own expensive health insurance plan, no working for a tiny fraction of your market value. It also means no corporate atmosphere with strict dress code or stuffy bureaucracy to drown out your ideas. We value every team member and if we hire you, it’s because we think you can do big things with us.
We’re a team of highly motivated and passionate engineers focused on building high quality software. Our environment is a cloud-first microservices architecture with React on the front-end and .NET Core on the backend (with some legacy code we’re quickly trying to sunset).
Top Skills Needed:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Sense of personal responsibility and a commitment to delivering high quality solutions.
- Self-motivated and able to work collaboratively within a team.
- Strong communication skills.
- Develop expertise in our products and find new ways to break them
- Create, maintain and execute manual test cases for requirement validation, integration, regression and usability testing.
- Test APIs using Postman.
- Identify,design, and document manual test cases to ensure early and frequent testing of the software.
- Participate and contribute in technical discussions to ensure efficient test solutions can be created and implemented.
- Report and document defects found during testing using defined defect lifecycle procedures and seek issue resolution.
- Proficient knowledge in the use of tools such as JIRA, Confluence, TestRail, and Postman.
- Ability to understand and adapt to changing system constraints and new requirements in order to ensure quality.
- Experience working with software engineers to identify manual tests that can be converted to automated tests is a plus.
- Help define, cultivate, and promote a culture of quality at mHelpDesk.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 3+ years of experience in web and mobile application quality and testing.
- 2+ years of experience creating and maintaining test case suites preferably using TestRail.
- 1+ years of experience testing API endpoints preferably using Postman.
- Experience creating and managing test data. Experience creating simple SQL scripts to validate data is a plus.
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Administration or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Strong understanding of Software Quality Assurance (SQA) concepts and practices to continually assess the risks and quality of products and releases.
- Strong problem-solving and multi-tasking skills, detail oriented with the ability to drive tasks to completion and on schedule, and strong presentation skills.
- Understanding of the Software Test lifecycle, Test Design methodologies, and Defect Tracking. Experience or knowledge of Automation Testing is a plus.
- Able to coordinate competing tasks, take accountability and seek feedback, and thrive when under stress or short deadlines.
- Track and clearly communicate task progress, status, and key performance metrics as directed by the Manager of Quality Engineering.
- Assist with team training needs, sharing knowledge of current and new testing technologies.
- Create test artifacts, including Test Plans, Business Test Scenarios and Requirements Traceability Matrices.
- Other duties as assigned.
mHelpDesk is a leading provider of web-based service management software that is revolutionizing how companies manage their customers and service tickets. We’ve grown our customer base to 6,000+ companies over three years by offering superlative support and a hassle-free sales experience from a smart and dedicated team of support specialists who also guide customer trials through the conversion process. mHelpDesk was rated 5 Stars in Capterra, and has been featured on CBS Money Watch, Tech Crunch, Washington Business Journal, and The Boston Globe. Learn more at www.mHelpDesk.com.
You will be joining a bright group of experienced folks who love what they are doing to create a unique experience for our customers. Individuals seeking employment at mHelpDesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.