Want to work for a dynamic company that welcomes creative inventors to help build software that adds value to millions of people? Let’s talk!!
mHelpDesk is not your average software company. Located in Fairfax, VA, we are a fast growing start-up and recent recipients of the TIMMY Award for Best Tech Culture in DC in 2019! mHelpDesk is a part of ANGI Homeservices Inc. (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. We build products that solve real problems and turn home improvement jobs imagined into jobs well-done with our service based software. People throughout North America and Europe rely on our technologies to book quality home service pros across 500 different categories, from repairing and remodeling to cleaning and landscaping. Over 250,000 service professionals find work through ANGI Homeservices and complete over 20 million projects each year.
Our mission is to create the easiest and most powerful software solution that helps field service and repair businesses manage everything from contacting leads to collecting payment. We provide mobile and online tools that are unmatched in performance, reliability, and functionality. Our team consists of dedicated and highly-skilled developers, product managers, marketers, sales professionals and customer support experts. We are committed to providing the best software backed by the best people.
We’re looking for someone who is action-oriented and has a passion for numbers, modeling, and identifying key strategic opportunities. This is a great opportunity for you to get involved at an early stage. Think of us as a startup without all the risks of working for a startup. That means no late (or missed) paychecks, no need to find your own expensive health insurance plan, no working for a tiny fraction of your market value. It also means no corporate atmosphere with strict dress code or stuffy bureaucracy to drown out your ideas. We value every team member and if we hire you, it’s because we think you can do big things with us. You can learn more about our work environment and product HERE or HERE!
We’re a team of highly motivated and passionate engineers focused on building high quality software. Our environment is a cloud-first microservices architecture with React on the front-end and Golang, Node.js, and .NET Core on the backend (with some legacy code we’re quickly trying to sunset).
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement UI components for the mHelpDesk application using ES6 + React / Node
- Design and implement mHelpDesk platform services using Node.js and/or .NET Core in AWS (or whatever other language fits the need - polyglot programmers welcome)
- Design and use database structures for both relational and document databases, such as SQL Server, MySQL, or DynamoDB
- Write high quality, testable code using best practices and established design patterns
- Mentor and assist mid and junior developers on the software team on best practices
- Participate in an agile software workflow, working closely with Product and UI/UX team members
What you’ll bring with you:
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Extensive experience developing SOA or microservices architecture
- Experience building cloud-native applications, such as AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience with at least one modern UI framework such as Angular, React, or Vue
- Knowledge of component based UI design
- Strong understanding of modern design patterns (e.g. event sourcing, competing consumers)
- Strong understanding of domain driven design
- Ability to think analyze and evaluate long-term solutions
- Experience with Node / C# / .NET Core - if you don’t know it, we’ll teach you
- Experience with golang / Rust - we’re all learning together
- Experience managing / configuring CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Gitlab, Circle-CI, Azure DevOps)
- Experience working in a containerized environment with Kubernetes
- 4-8 years of relevant experience
Joel Test - 11.5/12
- Do you use source control? ✅
- Can you make a build in one step? ✅
- Do you make daily builds? ✅
- Do you have a bug database? ✅
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code? ✅
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule? ✅
- Do you have a spec? ✅
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- We work remote 2 days a week.
- Do you use the best tools money can buy? ✅
- Do you have testers? ✅
- Do new candidates write code during their interview? ✅
- Do you do hallway usability testing? ✅
mHelpDesk is a leading provider of web-based service management software that is revolutionizing how companies manage their customers and service tickets. We’ve grown our customer base to 6,000+ companies over three years by offering superlative support and a hassle-free sales experience from a smart and dedicated team of support specialists who also guide customer trials through the conversion process. mHelpDesk was rated 5 Stars in Capterra, and has been featured on CBS Money Watch, Tech Crunch, Washington Business Journal, and The Boston Globe. Learn more at www.mHelpDesk.com.
You will be joining a bright group of experienced folks who love what they are doing to create a unique experience for our customers. Individuals seeking employment at mHelpDesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.