Looking for your next great adventure? mHelpDesk, an operating business of HomeAdvisor/IAC is a rapidly growing startup based in Fairfax, VA, and we are looking for you!
We know you’re looking for more than just a job, you’re looking for a career. Here’s your chance to launch that career and work for one of the best startups in the DC Metro area which is in rocket-ship mode. Get an inside glimpse of our fun and motivating environment by being a part of it. We build products that solve real problems and focus on the experience of the end user. We’re looking for someone who is action-oriented and has a passion for numbers, modeling, and identifying key strategic opportunities.
mHelpDesk is not your average software company. We are a fast growing company that was recently acquired by a major internet brand. This is a great opportunity for you to get involved at an early stage. Think of us as a startup without all the risks of working for a startup. That means no late (or missed) paychecks, no need to find your own expensive health insurance plan, no working for a tiny fraction of your market value. It also means no corporate atmosphere with strict dress code or stuffy bureaucracy to drown out your ideas. We value every team member and if we hire you, it’s because we think you can do big things with us.
We’re a team of highly motivated and passionate engineers focused on building high quality software. Our environment is a cloud-first microservices architecture with React on the front-end and .NET Core on the backend (with some legacy code we’re quickly trying to sunset).
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement UI components for the mHelpDesk application using ES6 + React / Node
- Design and implement mHelpDesk platform services using .NET Core in AWS (or whatever other language fits the need - polyglot programmers welcome)
- Design and use database structures for both relational and document databases, such as SQL Server, MySQL, or DynamoDB
- Write high quality, testable code using best practices and established design patterns
- Mentor and assist mid and junior developers on the software team on best practices
- Participate in an agile software workflow, working closely with Product and UI/UX team members
What you’ll bring with you:
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Extensive experience developing SOA or microservices architecture
- Experience building cloud-first applications, such as AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience with at least one modern UI framework such as Angular, React, or Vue
- Knowledge of component based UI design
- Strong understanding of modern design patterns (e.g. event sourcing, competing consumers)
- Strong understanding of domain driven design
- Ability to think analyze and evaluate long-term solutions
- Experience with C# / .NET Core - if you don’t know it, we’ll teach you
- Experience with golang / Rust - we’re all learning together
- Experience managing / configuring CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Gitlab, Circle-CI, Azure DevOps)
- Experience working in a containerized environment with Kubernetes
- 4-8 years of relevant experience
Joel Test - 11.5/12
- Do you use source control? ✅
- Can you make a build in one step? ✅
- Do you make daily builds? ✅
- Do you have a bug database? ✅
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code? ✅
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule? ✅
- Do you have a spec? ✅
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- We work remote 2 days a week.
- Do you use the best tools money can buy? ✅
- Do you have testers? ✅
- Do new candidates write code during their interview? ✅
- Do you do hallway usability testing? ✅
mHelpDesk is a leading provider of web-based service management software that is revolutionizing how companies manage their customers and service tickets. We’ve grown our customer base to 6,000+ companies over three years by offering superlative support and a hassle-free sales experience from a smart and dedicated team of support specialists who also guide customer trials through the conversion process. mHelpDesk was rated 5 Stars in Capterra, and has been featured on CBS Money Watch, Tech Crunch, Washington Business Journal, and The Boston Globe. Learn more at www.mHelpDesk.com.
You will be joining a bright group of experienced folks who love what they are doing to create a unique experience for our customers. Individuals seeking employment at mHelpDesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.