Looking for your next great adventure? mHelpDesk, an operating business of HomeAdvisor/IAC is a rapidly growing startup based in Fairfax, VA, and we are looking for you!
We know you’re looking for more than just a job, you’re looking for a career. Here’s your chance to launch that career and work for one of the best startups in the DC Metro area which is in rocket-ship mode. Get an inside glimpse of our fun and motivating environment by being a part of it. We build products that solve real problems and focus on the experience of the end user. We’re looking for someone who is action-oriented and has a passion for numbers, modeling, and identifying key strategic opportunities.
mHelpDesk is not your average software company. We are a fast growing company that was recently acquired by a major internet brand. This is a great opportunity for you to get involved at an early stage. Think of us as a startup without all the risks of working for a startup. That means no late (or missed) paychecks, no need to find your own expensive health insurance plan, no working for a tiny fraction of your market value. It also means no corporate atmosphere with strict dress code or stuffy bureaucracy to drown out your ideas. We value every team member and if we hire you, it’s because we think you can do big things with us.
You can learn more about our work environment and product here: Facebook, mHelpDesk
We need you to help take us to the next level by being the face of our business; you are a key player and contributor to the direction of our quickly growing sales team. As an Business Development Representative, you do NOT close deals; you create and qualify new sales opportunities to pass to the Account Executives. Once the Account Executive closes the sale you make commission. If you aren’t satisfied with just a base salary and want to make money – this job is for you!
- Have some sales experience
- Are competitive and driven to succeed in everything you do, and you NEVER give up
- Take challenges head-on, and face rejection with a consistently positive attitude!
- Are outgoing, with a great personality and good people skills- you’re not afraid to pick up the phone
- Are interested in the start-up world, interactive marketing space, and cutting-edge technology
- Want to contribute immediately to a team-oriented environment
- Have a strong and focused work ethic; are able to handle a fast paced setting with a positive attitude
- Take the initiative to go above and beyond
- Are a self-starter
- Are career oriented, and looking for growth
- Have a sharp, professional demeanor
- Are looking to be in a sales environment
- Make as much commission as you can!
- Dial up to 100+ calls per day by prospecting lists of target accounts to develop new sales opportunities from inbound leads.
- Create a great first impression to our prospects and customers by listening to their business needs and qualifying the appropriate mHelpDesk solutions to accelerate their business
- Respond to and qualify inbound web and phone inquiries for mHelpDesk solutions
- Understand prospect’s pain points, overcome objections, and determine if mHelpDesk can provide value to prospects business. Secure software demonstrations for our Account Executives
- Act as a service liaison between the customer and Account Executive; set Account Executive’s schedule with qualified leads
What it takes to work here:
- Must be sales-driven, money-motivated, and possess a strong work ethic – we have a highly incentive-driven environment
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a phone sales environment. Business-to-business outbound cold calling sales techniques preferred – must not be afraid to pick up the phone
- Ability to set appointments and follow up
- Desire to put in 115%
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- If computers scare you, this is not the right position for you
- Be the master of multi-tasking
- High School Diploma or GED required; college degree preferred
In addition, you’ll need to be able to:
- Work in a fast-paced, high energy sales center environment without being distracted
- Sit or stand for an 8-hour shift
- Ability to work 9-6pm
- Hear and talk on a phone head/handset
- Successfully pass a criminal background check
- Provide proof you are at least 21 years of age
- Be AWESOME
- Have FUN
mHelpDesk is a leading provider of web-based service management software that is revolutionizing how companies manage their customers and service tickets. We’ve grown our customer base to 6,000+ companies over three years by offering superlative support and a hassle-free sales experience from a smart and dedicated team of support specialists who also guide customer trials through the conversion process. mHelpDesk was rated 5 Stars in Capterra, and has been featured on CBS Money Watch, Tech Crunch, Washington Business Journal, and The Boston Globe. Learn more at www.mHelpDesk.com.
You will be joining a bright group of experienced folks who love what they are doing to create a unique experience for our customers. Individuals seeking employment at mHelpDesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.