Looking for your next great adventure? mHelpDesk, an operating business of HomeAdvisor/IAC is a rapidly growing startup based in Fairfax, VA, and we are looking for you!
We know you’re looking for more than just a job, you’re looking for a career. Here’s your chance to launch that career and work for one of the best startups in the DC Metro area which is in rocket-ship mode. Get an inside glimpse of our fun and motivating environment by being a part of it. We build products that solve real problems and focus on the experience of the end user. We’re looking for someone who is action-oriented and has a passion for numbers, modeling, and identifying key strategic opportunities.
mHelpDesk is not your average software company. We are a fast growing company that was recently acquired by a major internet brand. This is a great opportunity for you to get involved at an early stage. Think of us as a startup without all the risks of working for a startup. That means no late (or missed) paychecks, no need to find your own expensive health insurance plan, no working for a tiny fraction of your market value. It also means no corporate atmosphere with strict dress code or stuffy bureaucracy to drown out your ideas. We value every team member and if we hire you, it’s because we think you can do big things with us.
You can learn more about our work environment and product here: Facebook, mHelpDesk
We’re looking for a highly motivated, energetic, flexible, organized, and detail oriented Android Developer. Be a part of something big!
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Work with outside data sources and APIs
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- At least 3 years of experience developing applications for Android
- Web development experience
- Published an app to the Play Store
- Experience with Android SDK
- Android Development Skills
- Experience with the Android Activity Lifecycle
- Solid understanding of Material Design Principles
- Understanding and application of Android best practices
- Experience with Kotlin
- Strong ability to gracefully support all screen sizes & device types
- Strong attention to detail with UI, tests, & documentation
- Driven personality & desire to improve a core product in a fast-paced environment
- Problem solver with great attention to detail, can work with little supervision, multi-task, and learn quickly.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Nice to haves:
- Working with firebase and FireStore is a plus, but not required
- C#/.Net experience a plus
- Ability to work cross-platform on iOS
Previous experience within a microservice architecture
mHelpDesk is a leading provider of web-based service management software that is revolutionizing how companies manage their customers and service tickets. We’ve grown our customer base to 6,000+ companies over three years by offering superlative support and a hassle-free sales experience from a smart and dedicated team of support specialists who also guide customer trials through the conversion process. mHelpDesk was rated 5 Stars in Capterra, and has been featured on CBS Money Watch, Tech Crunch, Washington Business Journal, and The Boston Globe. Learn more at www.mHelpDesk.com.
You will be joining a bright group of experienced folks who love what they are doing to create a unique experience for our customers. Individuals seeking employment at mHelpDesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.