Since 1935, we’ve been on a mission to bring a little extra happiness to everyday life and inspire connections over food. We select the finest ingredients the world has to offer, craft premium products made with love, and never settle for shortcuts. We believe that when we share our food, we share a part of ourselves — and that’s the only way we’d put our name on it.
Today, our small family company has grown into a national leader in specialty olives, peppers, and sauces under the leadership of CEO Jeff Mezzetta, and our commitment to quality has never wavered. With an 80-year legacy behind us and a bright future ahead, we’re seeking passionate, driven candidates to help us bring our cherished family traditions to a new generation.
The ideal candidate will have an immediate connection to our Core Ingredients:
- Crunchy Crunchy: We are hungry for excellence.
- Own It: We think and act as an owner – with appetite, initiative, and responsibility.
- Connection: We build authentic relationships that foster trust and open communications.
- Vibrance: We come to work eager and passionate about fulfilling our vision. When we share our work, we share a part of who we are.
The Kroger/Target National Account Manager drives revenue and market share by strategizing and developing sales plans for each account, selling and executing the sales plans directly with the accounts as well as through the assistance of third-party sales agencies (brokers).
Growing revenue and building category market share is done by optimizing item Distribution, Shelf presence, off-shelf Merchandising and retail Pricing (DSMP’s). National Sales Managers influence DSMP’s via fact-based sales proposals and by investing merchandising funds. National Account Managers are accountable for investing merchandising funds within an approved budget.
Ultimately, successful National Account Managers grow revenue, enhance account profitability and build category market share.
The remote position will be located in one of the following areas:
- Cincinnati Ohio and surrounding area
- Revenue – Achievement of assigned revenue goals as measured by internal financial reporting.
- Category Market Share – Achievement of brand market share goals as measured by syndicated data sources (i.e., Nielsen).
- Distribution – Building retail item distribution across all categories, including new items (Innovation).
- Account Profitability – Achievement of trade investment rate budgets and account profitability goals.
- Forecasting Accuracy – Including monthly case volume demand and trade spend (via AR7).
- Account Development – Development of influential relationships with key decision-makers at assigned accounts.
- 7+ years’ experience in Sales within the CPG industry, including 3+ years of key account management.
- Strong proficiency with standard business tools: Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.
- Strong proficiency with analytical tools: Nielsen/IRI, analytics tools (PowerBI or similar).
- Strong sales, influence and collaboration skills.
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically.
2+ years’ experience managing brokers for excellence in sales execution
Bachelor’s degree preferred
Up to 40% travel, meaning two nights a week away from home. Some weekend/evening work required to meet deadlines and potentially to work trade shows (minimal). For Sales Managers who reside in Mountain, Central and Eastern time zones, there will be the occasional early evening conference calls due to Mezzetta being based in the Pacific Time Zone.
Our Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace:
At Mezzetta, we embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment where you know you belong. Part of that commitment includes a zero-tolerance policy and being an Equal Opportunity Employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Mezzetta are solely based on merit, qualifications, abilities and business needs, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, family or parental status, pregnancy, or any other status protected by law. All of us share in the responsibility of fulfilling this commitment and creating a culture where our team can thrive.