Since 1935, we’ve been on a mission to bring a little extra happiness to everyday life and inspire connections over food. We select the finest ingredients the world has to offer, craft premium products made with love, and never settle for shortcuts. We believe that when we share our food, we share a part of ourselves — and that’s the only way we’d put our name on it.
Today, our small family company has grown into a national leader in specialty olives, peppers, and sauces under the leadership of CEO Jeff Mezzetta, and our commitment to quality has never wavered. With an 80-year legacy behind us and a bright future ahead, we’re seeking passionate, driven candidates to help us bring our cherished family traditions to a new generation.
The ideal candidate will have an immediate connection to our Core Ingredients:
- Crunchy Crunchy: We are hungry for excellence.
- Own It: We think and act as an owner – with appetite, initiative, and responsibility.
- Connection: We build authentic relationships that foster trust and open communications.
- Vibrance: We come to work eager and passionate about fulfilling our vision. When we share our work, we share a part of who we are.
The Technical Services Associate is responsible to execute and promote food safety and regulatory projects and tasks. The Technical Services Associate supports the technical services team, Quality Assurance, Production, R&D, Warehouse and Sales in providing documents and information required in department projects.
- Create and maintain technical policies and procedures, including document control. Ensure all policies and procedures are written in accordance with current auditing, regulatory and safety requirements.
- Complete Technical Service projects according to a deadline developed by Marketing, Sales, or Operations teams.
- Create PDF (Packaging Development Forms), finished product specifications and COA’s according to timeline.
- Maintain customer portals by providing requested documents such as product specifications, insurance certificates, product quality attributes, updated company contact information, pictures and defect reports.
- Report on consumer complaint trends and analysis. Hold bi-weekly meeting to report consumer complaints. Maintain accurate consumer complaint and compliment charts for quality meetings and QBR’s.
- Maintain accuracy of formulations, processes and product specifications.
- Support team in requesting supplier documents to complete 3rd party certifications for GFCO, Kosher, QAI, Vegan, Keto.
- Maintain schedule of certification activities required for each product and work with QA Manager to ensure that requirements are met for swabbing and finished good testing.
- Maintain necessary documents and organize paperwork to prep and assist with SQF, Organic, Kosher and GFCO audits.
- Support Director Consumer Satisfaction, R&D, Production, Sales, and QA with projects by providing technical information and training.
- 2+ years experience in the food industry minimum
- BS-Minimum 4 year technical degree preferably Food Science or related industry
- Certified in Better Process Control or Acidified Foods School (plus)
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and statistical analysis
- Excellent communicator both written and verbal
- FDA Label Requirements Course
- HACCP/GFSI/FSMA/PCQI knowledge (plus)
- Technical understanding
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and problem solving skills
Our Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace:
At Mezzetta, we embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment where you know you belong. Part of that commitment includes a zero-tolerance policy and being an Equal Opportunity Employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Mezzetta are solely based on merit, qualifications, abilities and business needs, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, family or parental status, pregnancy, or any other status protected by law. All of us share in the responsibility of fulfilling this commitment and creating a culture where our team can thrive.