MeUndies is a Los Angeles, CA-based underwear and loungewear company best known for its softer than soft basics. Founded in 2011, MeUndies disrupted the $110B underwear industry when it launched the first online underwear subscription. Through the years the brand has inspired a passionate community of undie-obsessed individuals with its bold, comfortable products.
Today MeUndies has sold more than twelve million pairs of underwear and is profitable with double-digit YoY growth. It continues to redefine the subscription market by evolving the transactional subscription to a membership centered on community and its relationship with the brand.
The innovative direct-to-consumer brand offers multiple purchasing options including singles, packs, matching pairs and its monthly membership. It opened its first flagship store in Los Angeles in 2018.
With a growing company, comes a growing team full of innovative people. The Senior Manager of Business Intelligence & Analytics is a unique role that combines data architecture strategy with broader analytics responsibilities. You will partner closely with teams across the organization to develop a deep understanding of their needs and create innovative, user-friendly tools that enable them to manage their businesses more effectively. You will also proactively drive analyses that lead to deeper insights and recommendations. This role reports to the Sr. Director, Analytics & Consumer Insights.
What You’ll Do
- Manage the Business Intelligence program to meet the demands of a fast-paced, high-growth business
- Oversee all aspects of design, implementation, and maintenance of data warehouse
- Maintain and optimize the self-service analytics environment in Looker
- Drive development of tools, reporting automation, and create innovative reports in a timely manner
- Collaborate cross-functionally to gather data and reporting requirements from functions such as Marketing, Product, and Consumer Insights
- Model complex concepts such as marketing attribution and member retention
- Partner with leadership to set the overall vision and roadmap for BI / Analytics services
- Help build out data science capabilities and work with Engineering to deploy predictive models
- Execute analyses to uncover areas of opportunity and present recommendations that help drive business improvements
- Onboard new data sources/services and own the flow of data between all internal systems and third-parties
- Ensure MeUndies is following data best practices and meeting requirements around security and customer privacy
- Manage the intake of stakeholder requests and prioritize workflow within the team
- Own communication between BI and Engineering to maintain data integrity
- Communicate regularly to stakeholder groups and the executive team
- Manage and grow a team of analytics professionals
What You Have
- Extensive experience (7+ years) in Business Intelligence, Data Engineering, Analytics or similar field
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Advanced SQL skills
- Expert-level knowledge of data architecture and warehouse strategies
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Looker or Tableau
- Strong business acumen
- Proven project management, prioritization, and delegation skills
- Excellent soft skills and the ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- An innate love of solving hard problems and helping people make sense of data
- A desire to dig in when necessary as an individual contributor, but also the ability to lead and inspire rising talent
- Experience with current stack: dbt, Matillion, Redshift, Looker
- Familiarity with other systems/tools used around the org - Segment, Heap, Google Analytics
- Intermediate or advanced knowledge of Python
- Experience creating and deploying predictive models
- Experience with DTC ecommerce and/or membership business models
WHY WORK AT MEUNDIES?
It's more than a job.
We have focused on building a team of people that emulates all of our core values. We look for people who stay balanced, go further, build relationships, champion differences, and are humble. At MeUndies, we continue to maintain a stellar brand by working collaboratively and encouraging growth with learning opportunities. Not to mention, there is no such thing as a small achievement here - we celebrate it all!
We look at the necessities.
We offer competitive equity/salary packages which include targeted annual bonuses, plus generous parental leave, a 401k, awesome health benefits, and open time off (yeah, we said it). You’ll enjoy top-of-the-line hardware and software, and have access to an annual personal Learning & Development budget of $1,000!
We offer all the head turning office things.
We have endless office amenities but here are a few of the fan favorites - everybody gets access to an on-site gym & shower, endless snacks, cold brew on tap, and a cozy lounge completed with a Wii for epic Mario Kart tournaments. Plus there are plenty of dogs (to pet, not to take home).
We don’t forget the most important things.
There’s a robust 360 review process, regular pulse surveys, and a focus on open communication. We also have annual employee check-ins to reflect back on achievements and plan for career growth. We’re always rooting for you.
Plus those special extra things.
We keep things fun with frequent catered lunches, holiday parties, offsites, happy hours, and an annual retreat. You’ll get a sweet employee discount, as well as a monthly MeUndies membership to rebuild your underwear drawer with our top notch prints.