MeUndies is a Los Angeles, CA-based underwear and loungewear company best known for its softer than soft basics. Founded in 2011, MeUndies disrupted the $110B underwear industry when it launched the first online underwear subscription. Through the years the brand has inspired a passionate community of undie-obsessed individuals with its bold, comfortable products.
Today MeUndies has sold more than twelve million pairs of underwear and is profitable with double-digit YoY growth. It continues to redefine the subscription market by evolving the transactional subscription to a membership centered on community and its relationship with the brand.
The innovative direct-to-consumer brand offers multiple purchasing options including singles, packs, matching pairs and its monthly membership. It opened its first flagship store in Los Angeles in 2018.
With a growing company, comes a growing team full of innovative people. We’re looking for a talented Designer to create and execute on the overall product strategy, ensuring that product is consistent with market trends while maintaining the brand identity. In addition to designing a new collection each season, the ideal candidate would have experience working closely with vendors during the pre-production phase to source new fabric and trims while driving overall development of initial protos.
Come join us.
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee design process from initial CAD sketching to production
- Create original concepts consistent with the brand strategy and product roadmap
- Research and develop new fabrics, trims and artwork
- Develop product in collaboration with merchandising and production to ensure style details align with vendor capabilities and requirements; including minimums and lead times
- Research and identify trends, create inspiration boards and present findings to product team
- Research and maintain a strong knowledge of the competition
- Attend prototype fittings and provide commentary on the garment’s fit and design
- Maintain communication with overseas factories
- Align on brand direction and overall product guidance with Product & Brand leads; present seasonal concepts to leadership
- Manage and adhere to time and action calendar
- Create and maintain seasonal line plans
- Drive sourcing, costing, innovation and product quality
- Ensure technical superiority and product quality/integrity of all products
- Meet with prospective factories to review capabilities and new market innovations
- A Bachelor's degree in Apparel Design or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of experience in apparel design; preferred background in activewear, swimwear and/or intimates
- Superior organizational skills and excellent communication skills
- A team oriented mindset
- Strong knowledge of fabric and materials
- Strong knowledge and understanding of apparel construction
- The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously within a fast-paced work environment
- The ability to multitask and meet deadlines; highly detail oriented
- Experience working in a shifting and collaborative environment with a great deal of constructive feedback and input
- The ability to be fast, efficient and flexible
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
WHY WORK AT MEUNDIES?
It's more than a job.
We have focused on building a team of people that emulates all of our core values. We look for people who stay balanced, go further, build relationships, champion differences, and are humble. At MeUndies, we continue to maintain a stellar brand by working collaboratively and encouraging growth with learning opportunities. Not to mention, there is no such thing as a small achievement here - we celebrate it all!
We look at the necessities.
We offer competitive equity/salary packages which include targeted annual bonuses, plus generous parental leave, a 401k, awesome health benefits, and open time off (yeah, we said it). You’ll enjoy top-of-the-line hardware and software, and have access to an annual personal Learning & Development budget of $1,000!
We offer all the head turning office things.
We have endless office amenities but here are a few of the fan favorites - everybody gets access to an on-site gym & shower, endless snacks, cold brew on tap, and a cozy lounge completed with a Wii for epic Mario Kart tournaments. Plus there are plenty of dogs (to pet, not to take home).
We don’t forget the most important things.
There’s a robust 360 review process, regular pulse surveys, and a focus on open communication. We also have annual employee check-ins to reflect back on achievements and plan for career growth. We’re always rooting for you.
Plus those special extra things.
We keep things fun with frequent catered lunches, holiday parties, offsites, happy hours, and an annual retreat. You’ll get a sweet employee discount, as well as a monthly MeUndies membership to rebuild your underwear drawer with our top notch prints.