Position: Business Development Manager
Location: Austin, Texas
Metropolis develops advanced computer vision and machine learning technology that makes mobile commerce remarkable. Our platform is deployed in hundreds of mobility facilities and industries with billions in opportunity. We’re building the digital pipes through which the future of mobile commerce will move.
We are building a team to develop critical business relationships, to engage proactively with executive partners, and to drive forward a programmatic approach to building the customer pipeline to scale the Metropolis platform across the commercial real estate industry. This role assists in developing the deal, as well as with all steps of the proposal process (financial underwriting, proposal preparation, client presentations, and contract negotiations).
- Identify, build, and close relationships with new real estate partners and their executives
- Develop and execute portfolio expansion strategy with real estate partners
- Build and maintain an organized, programmatic new business pipeline and constantly seek new opportunities to expand.
- Structure and negotiate location agreements with consistent commercial terms, and manage initial launch plans with high attention to detail
- Serve as the real estate partner’s voice internally across functions and make the business case for new products that unlock expansion opportunities
- Establish the standard for how we engage real estate partners
- Support the broader Business Development organization on other matters
- You excel in high pressure situations.
- You have an ownership mentality and take it upon yourself to move the needle
- You demonstrate optimism, respect for others, and ability to work well in a team and across functions.
- You take the time to build helpful relationships, earning the trust of others within the organization through strong business acumen, situational awareness, and reliability.
- You can and do employ advanced communication skills and emotional intelligence to clearly, persuasively, and confidently deliver information to a variety of audiences.
- You have a knack for understanding partner motivations, incentives, and constraints in order to engage and gain their support.
- Ability to effectively plan, set priorities, and manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Office (Excel, Word) and various technology and point-of-sale applications
- You have a proven talent as a chaos pilot. Metropolis is growing quickly, and we’re constantly in the act of building the company we want to be. If you’re looking to inherit a binder of SOPs, this isn’t the job for you. If you thrive in environments that require strong opinions loosely held and can quickly make decisions with imperfect information, we’d love to meet you.
- Competitive candidates will already speak the language of commercial real estate and have a 4+ year background in asset management, real estate development, technology, consulting, or a similar field. A passion for making the journey remarkable is non-negotiable. But mostly we’re looking for builders who are nice and give a damn.