Metropolis Technologies, Inc. is a stealth start-up that is building digital networks to facilitate the future of mobility. The Company’s HQ is located in Los Angeles, CA and expanding nationwide.
If you have a passion for the future of mobility, including on-demand valet, e-scooters, rideshare, last mile transport, autonomous vehicles, electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft and their surrounding ecosystem, the Company provides the opportunity to join at an early stage.
Tax Manager, Los Angeles
Our expanding company is seeking a Tax Manager to join our talented team in Santa Monica.
The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, organized, and effective at managing their time. They will be comfortable working both autonomously and within a team to meet and exceed company goals.
Reporting to the Controller, as Tax Manager you’ll be the Company’s first tax-focused hire. You will have the opportunity to implement best practices related to compliance and be a critical part of scaling the business.
- Work closely with outside tax advisors to prepare federal and state income tax returns
- Prepare and issue 1099s
- File and pay local taxes on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Review tax related journal entries for monthly closes
- Research and support tax implications for new locations and revenue streams
- Prepare tax memos to document and update tax positions of the company
- Research and stay current on evolving tax legislation
- Manage annual R&D credit filing with outside advisors, maintaining time surveys throughout the year
- Assist Controller and CFO as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business
- Knowledge of US tax regulations and US GAAP requirements of ASC 740
- CPA or post graduate tax qualification
- 5+ years of experience in tax, preferably state and local tax
- 3+ years of public accounting, ideally Big 4
- Startup experience preferred
- A detail-oriented and zero-defect mindset
- Excellent oral and written communications skills