Metropolis is an AI and computer vision start-up building the technological and real estate infrastructure to facilitate the future of mobility.
This is your opportunity to join early and build something remarkable at the intersection of technology, mobility, and real estate. We are reimagining the parking experience today but developing an ecosystem to support all forms of mobility tomorrow; and if you have a passion for transforming the urban landscape to more intelligently facilitate EV charging, last mile transport, autonomous vehicles, and even electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL), please consider joining us.
The Company is led by an experienced executive team with diverse backgrounds, including a successful LA-based tech founder, senior professionals from BlackRock, Uber and Getaround, and a technical leader from eHarmony and DogVacay.
We approach life with wonder and curiosity. We’re inventors, skeptics and, at times, have been called crazy. We challenge one another with passion, from principle and with respect. But above all, we are relentless in our drive to build a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive culture.
Director of Operations, New York City
Our expanding company is seeking to hire a Director of Operations, New York City to join our talented team. Reporting to the Head of Operations, the Director of Operations will own all local operations, facilities and field staff. As the senior leader for a portfolio of diverse parking operations, you will hire, train, develop, and retain a large staff, maintain parking infrastructure and facilities, all while efficiently managing excellent customer facing operations within a predefined budget.
A successful candidate will be resourceful, decisive, and possess a mix of a strategic mindset and hands-on work ethic. They will be comfortable leading a team and setting a positive example. As the senior operations leader in your market, you will wield significant autonomy to make critical and timely decisions. This is a tough job that requires a lot of dedication.
- Take ultimate ownership of operations in your market, responsible for meeting customer expectations within a defined budget
- Develops and implements new parking processes that leverage innovative technology
- Leverages data to make smart operational decisions
- Maintains a disciplined budget on a site by site basis
- Coordinates with contractors and vendors to ensure excellent working order of facilities and technology
- Lead a large human-centric, multi-functional team, hiring, training and developing them into world-class operators
- Drive the implementation of new technology in your market, both in terms of hardware at our mobility hubs, and internal and external facing apps to drive a remarkable consumer experience and strong network effects
- Display persistence, drive momentum and maintain a bias of action towards developing and innovating on new business in your market
- Deliver a delightful customer experience that is worthy of compliment
- Innovate Everything
- 7+ years of experience in multi-site operations management roles, preferably within the parking industry
- Entrepreneurial mindset. Must be a self-starter who thrives on ambiguity and the opportunity to bring structure where needed
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among managers, partners, and employees.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Success in this role depends on developing trusting relationships with the team, external stakeholders, and partners
- Natural communicator and presenter. An excellent listener, capable of synthesizing disparate inputs into a clean, coherent, and compelling narrative
- Attractive compensation and generous benefits package (100% Medical, 50% Vision and 50% Dental)
- Company 401(k) match up to 6% of salary
- Paid company snacks and after-hour meals
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Gym reimbursement program
- 529 savings plan
- Commuter benefits