Metropolis is an AI and computer vision start-up building the technological and real estate infrastructure to facilitate the future of mobility.
This is your opportunity to join early and build something remarkable at the intersection of technology, mobility, and real estate. We are reimagining the parking experience today but developing an ecosystem to support all forms of mobility tomorrow; and if you have a passion for transforming the urban landscape to more intelligently facilitate EV charging, last mile transport, autonomous vehicles, and even electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL), please consider joining us. In fact, please come help us hire amazingly talented and wonderful people so that we can realize this vision together.
The Company is led by an experienced executive team with diverse backgrounds, including a successful LA-based tech founder, senior professionals from BlackRock, Uber and Getaround, and a technical leader from eHarmony and DogVacay.
We approach life with wonder and curiosity. We’re inventors, skeptics and, at times, have been called crazy. We challenge one another with passion, from principle and with respect. But above all, we are relentless in our drive to build a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive culture.
We are seeking a proactive and collaborative self-starter to become our Senior Manager, People. This role will be instrumental in designing and deploying the company’s strategy for candidate and employee experience; you can expect to stand-up the entire lifecycle: from recruiting, hiring, and onboarding to talent development and performance management. Additionally, and most importantly, we are looking for you to join us in cultivating a supportive and inclusive work environment for all of our employees. Ultimately, you will ensure we provide equal opportunities to all candidates and employees regardless of their protected characteristics.
You likely have:
- High emotional intelligence and excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to generate enthusiasm and confidence from others
- Ability to work with highly sensitive and confidential materials
- Prior success in creating step-change improvements to people processes and creating a world-class candidate and employee experience
- Strength in developing creative solutions to address scaling challenges across geographies
- Exceptional planning and technical skills with the ability to manage multiple high-visibility projects simultaneously
- Proven ability to deal with conflict and diffuse difficult situations
What you will do:
- Work with our Executive Team to establish parameters, policies, and processes for managing title, level, compensation, pay equity, and diversity and inclusion
- Build and institutionalize efficient recruiting and hiring processes
- Develop and deploy onboarding programs
- Create a culture of real time feedback and implement systems for talent development and performance management
- Develop strategies to reward and retain high performers
- Manage search and recruiting vendors
- Attractive compensation and generous benefits package (100% Medical, 50% Vision and 50% Dental)
- Company 401(k) match up to 6% of salary
- Paid company snacks and after-hour meals
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Gym reimbursement program
- 529 savings plan
- Commuter benefits