Metropolis is an AI and computer vision start-up building the technological and real estate infrastructure to facilitate the future of mobility.
This is your opportunity to join early and build something remarkable at the intersection of technology, mobility, and real estate. We are reimagining the parking experience today but developing an ecosystem to support all forms of mobility tomorrow; and if you have a passion for transforming the urban landscape to more intelligently facilitate EV charging, last mile transport, autonomous vehicles, and even electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL), please consider joining us.
The Company is led by an experienced executive team with diverse backgrounds, including a successful LA-based tech founder, senior professionals from BlackRock, Uber and Getaround, and a technical leader from eHarmony and DogVacay.
Valet Parking Attendant
We are seeking an energetic, friendly person to join our Valet team to park cars around in downtown San Francisco. The Valet's responsibilities include greeting guests, parking cars carefully, and returning vehicles quickly when guests are ready to leave.
To be successful as a Valet you must have the stamina to stand for extended periods of time while remaining vibrant and friendly. A great Valet has excellent driving skills and good customer service skills.
Roles & Responsibilities
Perform all valet parking, customer support, and logistical parking operations to facilitate the continued success of our valet service:
- Greet and welcome guest to the establishment and offer professional valet services
- Communicate effectively and proactively with all clients
- Resolve complex problems for customers quickly that will help drive repeat business
- Answer guests' questions regarding local attractions, hotel amenities and other available services
- Collect and accurately label keys belonging to guests to ensure their proper return
- Be a subject matter expert on all processes at our mobility sites, including but not limited to exceptional customer support, valet services, and payment processing
- Park guests' vehicles in predetermined areas within the parking lot, following all traffic laws
- Operate vehicles safely and responsibility
- Work to not only identify potential areas for growth, but also take lead in implementing such initiatives
Requirements & Qualifications
- Must have a valid CA driver's license
- Must be 19+
- Passionate about providing a high level of customer service; you go above and beyond to delight the customer
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks at once
- Derive enjoyment from learning and innovating. You enjoy testing different customer service strategies and tracking results
- Excellent organizational skills, integrity and follow-through on tasks
- Must maintain a professional appearance
- Proficiency with point-of-sale technology a plus
- Ability to work in a standing position for hours at a time
- Accountability and personal integrity are essential
- Organizational skills are necessary to quickly recall the location of vehicles and their appropriate keys
- No conviction in the past 7 years of a felony or any offense involving violence, dishonesty, automobile theft, automobile vandalism, reckless driving or driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Experience driving vehicles with both manual and automatic transmission
- Cannot have an at fault vehicle accident of any type in the last three years, and no more than two moving violations in the last three years
- Must possess stellar driving skills