Metropolis is an AI and computer vision start-up building the technological and real estate infrastructure to facilitate the future of mobility.
This is your opportunity to join early and build something remarkable at the intersection of technology, mobility, and real estate. We are reimagining the parking experience today but developing an ecosystem to support all forms of mobility tomorrow; if you have a passion for transforming the urban landscape to more intelligently facilitate EV charging, last mile transport, autonomous vehicles, and even electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL), please consider joining us.
The Company is led by an experienced executive team with diverse backgrounds, including a successful LA-based tech founder, a technical leader from eHarmony and DogVacay, and senior professionals from major global financial services firms and the world's leading mobility companies; our first-class engineering talent joins us from Facebook, Palantir, Bird, Factual, Honey, Canoo, and others.
We approach life with wonder and curiosity. We’re inventors, skeptics and, at times, have been called crazy. We challenge one another with passion, from principle and with respect. But above all, we are relentless in our drive to build a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive culture.
Metropolis is looking for a Chief of Staff - Engineering to join our team in Los Angeles. Reporting to the Chief Technology and Product Officer, the Chief of Staff will be responsible for maximizing the effectiveness of the Engineering and Product leadership team, and will work closely with the CTO to help ensure the overall success of key initiatives.
While part of this role involves making sure the tactical items get done, we are looking for someone who can be a strategic thought partner. You will help the CTO manage key hardware and software vendor relationships and you will have the opportunity to work on complex business and technical problems in the mobility space.
Even though this role reports to the CTO, you will be a trusted resource for all members of the Engineering and Product teams. If the challenge of working for an AI-based product that bridges the digital and physical worlds speaks to you, then this is an ideal opportunity.
- Organize processes to ensure that Engineering and Product leadership is spending its time on the most important things.
- Support the CTO in creating materials to be presented in Department and Board meetings.
- Support the CTO in managing vendor relationships, work with hardware and software leaders to identify potential roadblocks and ensure the CTO has all the information to make timely decisions.
- Be a strategic thought partner and drive M&A related activities on behalf of Engineering and Product. Research companies, pull information from different sources and make recommendations to the Executive team.
- Project manage high priority cross-functional initiatives across Engineering and Product.
- Support Engineering and Product teams to facilitate monthly/quarterly off-sites and help keep track of OKRs.
- Support and ensure cross-functional communication between Engineering, Product and other departments.
- Be the liaison between the CTO and high priority real estate and technical partners.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 3-5 years experience as a management consultant.
- Very strong project management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Very strong data analysis skills. Ability to dig into the data to diagnose problems and identify opportunities.
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced organization.
- Ability to problem solve, diagnose the root cause of a problem and work with teams to solve the issues in a scalable way
- Strong entrepreneurial mindset. Ability to be a self-starter and manage multiple initiatives.
- Attractive compensation and generous benefits package (100% Medical, 50% Vision and 50% Dental)
- Company 401(k) match up to 6% of salary
- Paid company snacks and after-hour meals
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Gym reimbursement program
- 529 savings plan
- Commuter benefits
When you join Metropolis, you’ll join a team of world-class product leaders and engineers, building an ecosystem of technologies at the intersection of parking, mobility, and real estate. Our goal is to build an inclusive culture where everyone has a voice and the best idea wins. You will play a key role in building and maintaining this culture as our organization grows.