Metropolis is an AI and computer vision start-up building the technological and real estate infrastructure to facilitate the future of mobility.
This is your opportunity to join early and build something remarkable at the intersection of technology, mobility, and real estate. We are reimagining the parking experience today but developing an ecosystem to support all forms of mobility tomorrow; and if you have a passion for transforming the urban landscape to more intelligently facilitate EV charging, last mile transport, autonomous vehicles, and even electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL), please consider joining us.
The Company is led by an experienced executive team with diverse backgrounds, including a successful LA-based tech founder, a technical leader from eHarmony and DogVacay, and senior professionals from major global financial services firms and the world’s leading mobility companies; our first-class engineering talent joins us from Google, Palantir, Rubicon Project, Honey, Canoo, and others.
Position Overview and Responsibilities
This position reports to the Controller who reports to a co-founder and CFO.
The company is seeking an Accounting Manager to supervise a growing corporate accounting team within a fast-growing company. The professional will work closely with all members of the corporate finance function, auditors, and customers as well as with leadership across other departments. The individual will be expected to evaluate and build upon the current, rapidly evolving accounting structure of the company, and hire new employees in support roles.
This is an attractive opportunity to join a high-growth, fast-paced environment and make an immediate impact. The role calls for a combination of people skills, excellent attention to detail, and superb organizational skills. This role is based in Los Angeles, will receive significant exposure to the senior leadership of the company and is a good opportunity for an individual that is seeking broad exposure to technology, real estate and mobility.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for the company's month end close process, project accounting, fixed assets, tax compliance, and various special analyses.
- Timely month-end close including financial reporting and balance sheet reconciliations
- Interpretation and analysis of financial statements and presentation to management
- Development of, and accountability for, financial controls, including capex and procedures
- Management of workflows and technology integrations across all departments
- Application of GAAP
- Management of compliance, including: annual financial audit, taxes, insurance and statutory filings
Requirements and Qualifications
- Degree in accounting; CPA and/or MBA preferred; highly commensurate experience may be considered.
- Public and private accounting experience highly preferred
- At least 5 years progressive experience, especially with a fast growing, venture-backed startup or real estate development company.
- Proficiency with NetSuite; experience with other accounting packages a plus.
- Master-level Excel skills and experience in all MS Office programs.
- Experience with Asana and Slack, or desire to quickly learn.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in an organized and timely fashion with proven track record of delivering on projects and process improvements
- Excellent communication (both oral and written) and organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Comfortable with team-based work structure; ability to remain flexible to change within the work environment and scope of responsibility.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and written, with a wide variety of people.
- Able to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious, and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility.
- Desire to build and manage a growing team