Metropolis is an AI and computer vision start-up building the technological and real estate infrastructure to facilitate the future of mobility.
This is your opportunity to join early and build something remarkable at the intersection of technology, mobility, and real estate. We are reimagining the parking experience today but developing an ecosystem to support all forms of mobility tomorrow; and if you have a passion for transforming the urban landscape to more intelligently facilitate EV charging, last mile transport, autonomous vehicles, and even electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL), please consider joining us.
The Company is led by an experienced executive team with diverse backgrounds, including a successful LA-based tech founder, senior professionals from BlackRock, Uber and Getaround, and a technical leader from eHarmony and DogVacay.
We approach life with wonder and curiosity. We’re inventors, skeptics and, at times, have been called crazy. We challenge one another with passion, from principle and with respect. But above all, we are relentless in our drive to build a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive culture.
General Manager, New Orleans
Our expanding company is seeking to hire a General Manager to join our talented team. The General Manager will own all local operations. You will manage a local team to ensure excellence in customer service, facility maintenance and the efficacy of Metropolis' proprietary technology.
The successful candidate will be open-minded, resourceful, decisive, and possess a high degree of humility. They will be comfortable leading a team and setting a positive example. As a General Manager, you will need to be comfortable with autonomy and making impactful decisions. This is a tough job that requires an incredible amount of dedication.
- Take ultimate ownership of operations in your market
- Hire, train, and lead a team and develop them into world-class operators
- Drive the implementation of new technology in your market, both in terms of hardware at our mobility hubs, and internal and external facing apps to drive a remarkable consumer experience and strong network effects
- Display persistence, drive momentum and maintain a bias of action towards developing and innovating on new business in your market
- Deliver a delightful customer experience that is worthy of compliment
- Innovate Everything
- B.A/B.S or equivalent required; MBA preferred
- 5+ years of business experience - operations, consulting, banking, entrepreneurship and/or mobility
- At least 3 years of team management experience, preferably in managing multi-functional managers
- Entrepreneurial mindset. Must be a self-starter who thrives on ambiguity and the opportunity to bring structure where needed
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among managers, partners, and employees.
- Advanced analytical foundation and business judgment. Fluent in leveraging data to drive decision making and comfortable rolling up your sleeves to uncover business insights
- Strong interpersonal skills. Success in this role depends on developing trusting relationships with the team, external stakeholders, and partners
- Natural communicator and presenter. An excellent listener, capable of synthesizing disparate inputs into a clean, coherent, and compelling narrative
- Passion for transportation, mobility and/or logistics is a plus!
- Attractive compensation and generous benefits package (100% Medical, 50% Vision and 50% Dental)
- Company 401(k) match up to 6% of salary
- Paid company snacks and after-hour meals
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Gym reimbursement program
- 529 savings plan
- Commuter benefits