Metropolis is an AI and computer vision start-up building the technological and real estate infrastructure to facilitate the future of mobility.
This is your opportunity to join early and build something remarkable at the intersection of technology, mobility, and real estate. We are reimagining the parking experience today but developing an ecosystem to support all forms of mobility tomorrow; and if you have a passion for transforming the urban landscape to more intelligently facilitate EV charging, last mile transport, autonomous vehicles, and even electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL), please consider joining us.
The Company is led by an experienced executive team with diverse backgrounds, including a successful LA-based tech founder, senior professionals from BlackRock, Uber and Getaround, and a technical leader from eHarmony and DogVacay.
We approach life with wonder and curiosity. We’re inventors, skeptics and, at times, have been called crazy. We challenge one another with passion, from principle and with respect. But above all, we are relentless in our drive to build a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive culture.
As the Growth Manager of Los Angeles, you’ll be responsible for the growth and success of Metropolis. This role requires a diverse set of analytical, marketing, community building, and leadership abilities. You’ll manage local teams dedicated to delivering a seamless experience to consumers and help deliver on revenue goals and build for scale. If you are up to the task, able to think on your feet, manage through ambiguity/adversity of a quickly shifting and growing industry, and manage and develop high performing teams - all while delivering results.
- Own growth of the business, driving execution to boost member onboarding, network engagement and, ultimately, revenue growth
- Build and develop strong relationships with senior cross-functional leaders (e.g. marketing, analytics, operations) and help define the goals and objectives of these teams at the local level
- Identify and communicate local product needs to product/engineering teams and playbook and share best practices internally to build for scale across the organization
- Remove blockers, solve problems, and find a path forward through ambiguity, operating a dynamic and rapidly growing business across urban footprints
- Represent Metropolis in the community, local media, and in communication with key city stakeholders
- Recruit and build a thriving local growth team by defining hiring needs and leading the hiring process
- B.A/B.S or equivalent required; MBA preferred
- 7+ years of business experience - operations, marketing, consulting, investment banking, entrepreneurship and/or mobility
- At least 3 years of team management experience, preferably in managing multi-functional managers
- Entrepreneurial mindset. Must be a self-starter who thrives on ambiguity and the opportunity to bring structure where needed
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among managers, partners, and employees.
- Advanced analytical foundation and business judgment. Fluent in leveraging data to drive decision making and comfortable rolling up your sleeves to uncover business insights
- Strong interpersonal skills. Success in this role depends on developing trusting relationships with the team, external stakeholders, and partners
- Natural communicator and presenter. An excellent listener, capable of synthesizing disparate inputs into a clean, coherent, and compelling narrative
- Passion for transportation, mobility and/or logistics is a plus!
- Attractive compensation and generous benefits package (100% Medical, 50% Vision and 50% Dental)
- Company 401(k) match up to 6% of salary
- Paid company snacks and after-hour meals
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Gym reimbursement program
- 529 savings plan
- Commuter benefits