Metropolis is an AI and computer vision start-up building the technological and real estate infrastructure to facilitate the future of mobility.
This is your opportunity to join early and build something remarkable at the intersection of technology, mobility, and real estate. We are reimagining the parking experience today but developing an ecosystem to support all forms of mobility tomorrow; and if you have a passion for transforming the urban landscape to more intelligently facilitate EV charging, last mile transport, autonomous vehicles, and even electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL), please consider joining us.
The Company is led by an experienced executive team with diverse backgrounds, including a successful LA-based tech founder, a technical leader from eHarmony and DogVacay, and senior professionals from major global financial services firms and the world's leading mobility companies; our first-class engineering talent joins us from Facebook, Palantir, Bird, Factual, Honey, Canoo, and others.
We approach life with wonder and curiosity. We’re inventors, skeptics and, at times, have been called crazy. We challenge one another with passion, from principle and with respect. But above all, we are relentless in our drive to build a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive culture.
Metropolis is seeking a Senior iOS Engineer to lead the implementation of native iOS Applications at Metropolis. As the founding member of the mobile team, in addition to leading the development of our apps you will also have a big role to play in defining the direction of our mobile products. You will work closely with our UX Designers to build features that would delight our customers and set the standard by which all mobility apps would be judged. We are looking for someone who is very comfortable working with server-side teams to evolve the platform as a complete whole. You should be passionate about smooth performance and the approach and practices that go into ensuring it. You should own the results of your work and respond to the needs of the business while helping to steer the UX and implementation to greater usability. If the challenge of working for a product that bridges the physical and digital worlds excites you, this is the role for you.
When you join Metropolis, you’ll join a team of world-class product leaders and engineers, building an ecosystem of technologies at the intersection of parking, mobility, and real estate. Our goal is to build an inclusive culture where everyone has a voice and you will play a key role in building and maintaining this culture.
- Establish best practices for iOS development at Metropolis.
- Take ownership of the implementation design by collaborating with the product team.
- Be a key part of the entire development lifecycle, including ideation and identifying requirements.
- Set standards for team development by example.
- Play a major role in the interview process for Mobile Engineers.
- Encourage best practices and mentor engineers as the team grows.
- Moderate technical discussions, evaluate new techniques, and ensure our platform is constantly evolving and improving.
- Leverage best practices in testing and deployment to enable rapid iteration and launch of new features.
- Help build a culture where bugs and mistakes in Production are treated as opportunities to improve the platform via testing and refactoring.
Requirements and qualifications
- MS or BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 6+ years of experience as a Mobile Engineer for native iOS apps. Experience in high volume consumer facing applications is preferred.
- Excellent understanding of software engineering principles.
- Proven experience interacting with back-end and full-stack engineers.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Strong knowledge of mobile design best practices.
- Experience building Android apps would be a plus.
- Attractive compensation and generous benefits package (100% Medical, 50% Vision and 50% Dental)
- Company 401(k) match up to 6% of salary
- Paid company snacks and after-hour meals
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Gym reimbursement program
- 529 savings plan
- Commuter benefits