Metropolis is an AI and computer vision start-up building the technological and real estate infrastructure to facilitate the future of mobility.
This is your opportunity to join early and build something remarkable at the intersection of technology, mobility, and real estate. We are reimagining the parking experience today but developing an ecosystem to support all forms of mobility tomorrow; and if you have a passion for transforming the urban landscape to more intelligently facilitate EV charging, last mile transport, autonomous vehicles, and even electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL), please consider joining us.
The Company is led by an experienced executive team with diverse backgrounds, including a successful LA-based tech founder, a technical leader from eHarmony and DogVacay, and senior professionals from major global financial services firms and the world's leading mobility companies; our first-class engineering talent joins us from Facebook, Palantir, Bird, Factual, Honey, Canoo, and others.
Our expanding company is seeking to hire a Launch Technician to join our talented team. The Launch Tech is great with their hands, can use a range of tools, and above all else loves rolling up their sleeves to get things done. They will be expected to resolve advanced technical issues related to computer vision cameras and network connectivity, as well as conduct laborious tasks like mounting conduit or wiring low-voltage electricity. The Launch Technician will learn a ton in this job, but must show up highly dependable on day one.
- Conduct site surveys to qualify new locations for Metropolis technology enablement
- Mount and calibrate computer vision license plate recognition cameras with a high degree of accuracy and diligence
- Build wireless and wired networks in outdoor parking structures and open lots using modems, switches, PoE injectors, and radios
- Bend and install electrical conduit in garages
- Run Cat5/6 cable 12+ feet off the ground outdoors from switches to cameras
- Provide recommendations on how to improve camera, connectivity or electrical operations at all sites
- Be prepared to find solutions to problems you and the team have never encountered before
- Innovate Everything
- B.A/B.S or equivalent preferred
- 0-2 years of experience working as a field technician or similar role
- Entrepreneurial mindset. Must be a self-starter who thrives on ambiguity and the opportunity to bring structure where needed
- Ability to safely handle tools and materials such as: ladders, inverters, solar panels, panel boards, cameras, and other similar electrical equipment
- Willingness to occasionally work in tough environments (example: hot sun, cold, etc.)
- Position may require working at heights including on poles, climbing ladders and stairs
- Capable of performing repetitive duties, including lifting, bending and standing
- Knowledge of drilling in concrete
- Experience trenching is a huge plus
- Basic computer skills required
- Ability to work independently and under intense pressure
- Willingness to travel 20-30% of the time
- Passion for transportation, mobility and/or logistics is a plus!
- Attractive compensation and generous benefits package (100% Medical, 50% Vision and 50% Dental)
- Company 401(k) match up to 6% of salary
- Paid company snacks and after-hour meals
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Gym reimbursement program
- 529 savings plan
- Commuter benefits