We are an AI start-up that is building the technological and real estate infrastructure to facilitate the future of mobility. The Company will provide B2C and B2B solutions in partnership with leading companies in the mobility sector and on-demand consumer services.
The Company is led by an experienced executive team with diverse backgrounds, including a successful LA-based tech founder, a technical leader from eHarmony and DogVacay, and senior professionals from major global financial services firms and the world's leading mobility companies; our first-class engineering talent joins us from Facebook, Palantir, Bird, Factual, Honey, Canoo, and others.
The company is seeking an Architect to lead the design and implementation of its mobility platform. As one of the early-stage members of the Engineering team, you will have the opportunity to build systems from the ground-up. Even though we are partial to languages that run on the JVM, we want an Architect who is not constrained by programming languages, development paradigms and frameworks.
Your responsibilities won’t be limited to just designing and implementing the code. You will also have a big role to play in defining the direction of our product. Our goal is to build an inclusive culture where everyone has a voice and you will play a key role in building and maintaining this culture.
- Responsible for the overall health, quality and performance of the entire codebase or multiple technical/product components.
- Collaborate with product managers to iterate feature development as part of the product discovery process, and take into account available allocation of developer resources balanced against other priorities.
- Work with the Director of Engineering to understand the next set of initiatives and then provide feedback on best allocation of developer time. (Roadmap Execution)
- Provides leadership in collaborations with external partners and internal stakeholders.
- Establishes a culture of documentation, and sets standards for diligence and detail by example.
- Works with engineers to make sure their feature development and refactoring aligns with the standards we have established.
- Provides code reviews and constructive feedback.
- Provides mentorship in Scala and functional programming.
- Make recommendations for DevOps infrastructure and direct DevOps person on their primary focus for improving our infrastructure.
Requirements and Qualifications
- MS or BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of experience as a hands-on Engineer, with experience in high volume consumer facing applications.
- Hands-on experience with Scala, Java or other languages that run on the JVM is preferred but an excellent understanding of software engineering principles is more important than JVM experience.
- Proven experience building distributed systems using SOA, microservices and related technologies.
- Experience with large scale data processing.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD tools and testing methodologies like BDD or TDD.
- Strong experience with database technologies, including NoSQL data stores.
- Strong experience with event driven architectures and related technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to attract and hire the best engineers.
- Hands-on experience with container technologies and infrastructure as code techniques would be a plus.
- Attractive compensation and generous benefits package (100% Medical, 50% Vision and 50% Dental)
- Company 401(k) match up to 6% of salary
- Paid company snacks and after-hour meals
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Gym reimbursement program
- 529 savings plan
- Commuter benefits