Metropolis is an AI and computer vision start-up building the technological and real estate infrastructure to facilitate the future of mobility.
This is your opportunity to join early and build something remarkable at the intersection of technology, mobility, and real estate. We are reimagining the parking experience today but developing an ecosystem to support all forms of mobility tomorrow; and if you have a passion for transforming the urban landscape to more intelligently facilitate EV charging, last mile transport, autonomous vehicles, and even electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL), please consider joining us.
The Company is led by an experienced executive team with diverse backgrounds, including a successful LA-based tech founder, a technical leader from eHarmony and DogVacay, and senior professionals from major global financial services firms and the world's leading mobility companies; our first-class engineering talent joins us from Facebook, Palantir, Bird, Factual, Honey, Canoo, and others.
We approach life with wonder and curiosity. We’re inventors, skeptics and, at times, have been called crazy. We challenge one another with passion, from principle and with respect. But above all, we are relentless in our drive to build a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive culture.
Our expanding company is seeking to hire a Launch Project Manager to join our talented team. The Launch Project Manager will have a successful track record initiating, scaling and managing complex, tech-focused, multi-functional projects to completion, on time and within budget. The launch project manager will scope and create plans for the launch of new Metropolis facilities. They should feel comfortable developing new processes, coordinating and driving execution, and communicating project progress and risks to internal and external stakeholders. The ability to facilitate seamless collaboration across teams, companies and vendors is an essential quality for this role.
The Launch Project Manager should expect to manage multiple diverse projects simultaneously, as well as a team of geographically dispersed launchers.
The successful candidate will be open-minded, resourceful, decisive, and possess a high degree of humility. They will be comfortable operating in ambiguity while maintaining a bias for action.
- Conduct site surveys to qualify new locations for Metropolis technology enablement
- Source and manage vendors to conduct computer vision, wired and wireless connectivity, electrical, construction, and marketing/branding work for projects of varying complexity
- Diligently track progress and the completion of tasks and milestones using cloud-based project management software
- Collaborate across internal product, technology, operations and marketing teams to ensure the flawless launch of new sites
- Work closely with external operating and real estate partners to merge the vision and operational needs of Metropolis and our partners
- Coordinate with General Managers and Operations Executives to distill technical and operations data into product requirements
- Build forecasts and maintain budgets to prevent cost overruns
- Explore regulatory hurdles and conduct permitting, licensing and tax related administrative work if required for site launch
- Conduct executive-level presentations to secure critical decisions, resources and buy-in from internal and external stakeholders
- Innovate Everything
- B.A/B.S or equivalent required; degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Engineering or other quantitative disciplines preferred
- 3-5 years of experience managing complex programs or projects
- Experience managing contractors in construction, camera installation, electrical or other pertinent fields
- Entrepreneurial mindset. Must be a self-starter who thrives on ambiguity and the opportunity to bring structure where needed
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among managers, partners, and employees
- Strong interpersonal skills. Success in this role depends on developing trusting relationships with the team, external stakeholders, and partners
- Natural communicator and presenter. An excellent listener, capable of synthesizing disparate inputs into a clean, coherent, and compelling narrative
- Ability to work independently and under intense pressure
- Passion for transportation, mobility and/or logistics is a plus!
- Attractive compensation and generous benefits package (100% Medical, 50% Vision and 50% Dental)
- Company 401(k) match up to 6% of salary
- Paid company snacks and after-hour meals
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Gym reimbursement program
- 529 savings plan
- Commuter benefits