Metropolis Technologies, Inc. is building digital networks to facilitate the future of mobility. If you have a passion for the future of mobility, including parking, on-demand valet, e-scooters, rideshare, last mile transport, autonomous vehicles, electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft and their surrounding ecosystem, Metropolis provides the opportunity to join a company aiming to disrupt a $500 billion market.
Metropolis completed its seed financing round of $20 million in early 2019 and is anticipated to complete a substantial round of funding within the year. Investors in the seed round include world class investors like Slow Ventures, Zigg Capital and prominent private investors in early-stage companies.
Launch Project Manager
Our expanding company is seeking to hire a Launch Project Manager to join our talented team. The Launch Project Manager will have a successful track record initiating, scaling and managing complex, tech-focused, multi-functional projects to completion, on time and within budget. The launch project manager will scope and create plans for the launch of new Metropolis facilities. They should feel comfortable developing new processes, coordinating and driving execution, and communicating project progress and risks to internal and external stakeholders. The ability to facilitate seamless collaboration across teams, companies and vendors is an essential quality for this role.
The Launch Project Manager should expect to manage multiple diverse projects simultaneously, as well as a team of geographically dispersed launchers.
The successful candidate will be open-minded, resourceful, decisive, and possess a high degree of humility. They will be comfortable operating in ambiguity while maintaining a bias for action.
- Conduct site surveys to qualify new locations for Metropolis technology enablement
- Source and manage vendors to conduct computer vision, wired and wireless connectivity, electrical, construction, and marketing/branding work for projects of varying complexity
- Diligently track progress and the completion of tasks and milestones using cloud-based project management software
- Collaborate across internal product, technology, operations and marketing teams to ensure the flawless launch of new sites
- Work closely with external operating and real estate partners to merge the vision and operational needs of Metropolis and our partners
- Coordinate with General Managers and Operations Executives to distill technical and operations data into product requirements
- Build forecasts and maintain budgets to prevent cost overruns
- Explore regulatory hurdles and conduct permitting, licensing and tax related administrative work if required for site launch
- Conduct executive-level presentations to secure critical decisions, resources and buy-in from internal and external stakeholders
- Innovate Everything
- B.A/B.S or equivalent required; degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Engineering or other quantitative disciplines preferred
- 3-5 years of experience managing complex programs or projects
- Experience managing contractors in construction, camera installation, electrical or other pertinent fields
- Entrepreneurial mindset. Must be a self-starter who thrives on ambiguity and the opportunity to bring structure where needed
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among managers, partners, and employees
- Strong interpersonal skills. Success in this role depends on developing trusting relationships with the team, external stakeholders, and partners
- Natural communicator and presenter. An excellent listener, capable of synthesizing disparate inputs into a clean, coherent, and compelling narrative
- Ability to work independently and under intense pressure
- Passion for transportation, mobility and/or logistics is a plus!
- Attractive compensation and generous benefits package (100% Medical, 50% Vision and 50% Dental)
- Company 401(k) match up to 6% of salary
- Paid company snacks and after-hour meals
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Gym reimbursement program
- 529 savings plan
- Commuter benefits