We are an AI start-up that is building the technological and real estate infrastructure to facilitate the future of mobility.
The Company will provide B2C and B2B solutions, targeting leading companies in the mobility sector.
- Investment: Metropolis completed its seed financing round of $20 million in early 2019 and is anticipated to complete a substantial round of funding within the year. Investors in the seed round include world class investors like Slow Ventures, Zigg Capital and prominent private investors in early-stage companies.
- Market Size: $500 billion
- Attractive compensation and generous benefits package (100% Medical, 50% Vision and 50% Dental)
- Company 401(k) match up to 6% of salary.
- Paid company snacks and after-hour meals
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Gym reimbursement program
- 529 savings plan
- Commuter benefits
The Company is led by an experienced executive team with complementary backgrounds, including a successful tech company founder, a technical leader from eHarmony and DogVacay, engineering talent from Bird, Factual, Canoo, Palantir, HauteLook, Rubicon Project, Fandango, and Honey, senior operations leaders from Uber and Getaround and senior professionals from global asset management firms.
If you have a passion for the future of mobility, including last mile transport, autonomous vehicles, vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) aircraft and their surrounding ecosystem, the Company provides the opportunity to join at an early stage. After successfully closing one of the highest seed financing rounds in the LA startup ecosystem, the Company is focused on building the technology and the team, to become one of the sector’s highest profile companies. Along the way, you will also partner closely with some of the tech sector’s most influential and successful investors, building a portfolio of intersecting business verticals in technology, real estate and mobility services.
Position Overview and Responsibilities
Metropolis is seeking a Machine Learning Engineer to lead the development of our computer vision algorithms that would be used to power our mobility services. Reporting to the Director of Machine Learning, you will be responsible for the development, deployment and ongoing optimization of the models that would be at the core of our platform. The models you build will need to detect objects, track its direction of motion and more, and do all that in near-real time. This is a challenging opportunity because the models you build will need to be optimized for different conditions like indoors and outdoors, lighting, weather and field of view. If you have a background in sensors and computer vision, and are interested in mobility, autonomous vehicles, computer vision or machine learning, this is the ideal opportunity for you.
When you join Metropolis, you’ll join a team of world-class product leaders and engineers, building an ecosystem of technologies at the intersection of parking, mobility, and real estate. Our goal is to build an inclusive culture where everyone has a voice and the best idea wins. You will play a key role in building and maintaining this culture as our organization grows.
- Work with the Director of Machine Learning to train and optimize the Metropolis computer vision algorithms.
- Collaborate with the application development team to integrate the computer vision models with the existing backend systems.
- Work with analytics engineers, application developers and third-party resources to analyze the efficacy of the models.
- Work with the Product team to understand the complex business rules and figure out how to optimize the ML-generated output to satisfy those requirements.
- Problem solve, think big, and explore divergent concepts/ideas while understanding how to converge and build iteratively towards the goals of the Machine Learning team.
- Inspire the entire team (including your cross-functional) partners by bringing new ideas to the table.
- Help with hiring and onboarding of engineers to the Machine Learning team.
Requirements and Qualifications
- 3+ years experience on modern software design, development, version control, refactoring and testing
- Demonstrated experience implementing machine learning software, specifically computer vision detection algorithms like RCNN, SSD, YOLO, ResNet, DenseNet, etc
- 2+ years experience on deep learning framework, TensorFlow/PyTorch/MxNet
- 3+ years experience with computer vision algorithms, image processing, feature extraction, tracking algorithms with OpenCV
- 2+ years experience with product/services parallel computing, accelerator architecture, CUDA, CUDNN, TensorRT libraries
- 1+ year experience with distributed/scalable systems infrastructure to operate algorithms as a software product
- 1+ year experience with large scale datasets, data pipeline, databases tools/libraries
- Excited about working in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment.