We are an AI start-up that is building the technological and real estate infrastructure to facilitate the future of mobility.
The Company will provide B2C and B2B solutions, targeting leading companies in the mobility sector.
- Investment: Metropolis completed its seed financing round of $20 million in early 2019 and is anticipated to complete a substantial round of funding within the year. Investors in the seed round include world class investors like Slow Ventures, Zigg Capital and prominent private investors in early-stage companies.
- Market Size: $500 billion
- Attractive compensation and generous benefits package (100% Medical, 50% Vision and 50% Dental)
- Company 401(k) match up to 6% of salary.
- Paid company snacks and after-hour meals
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Gym reimbursement program
- 529 savings plan
- Commuter benefits
The Company is led by an experienced executive team with complementary backgrounds, including a successful tech company founder, a technical leader from eHarmony and DogVacay, engineering talent from Bird, Factual, Canoo, Palantir, HauteLook, Rubicon Project, Fandango, and Honey, senior operations leaders from Uber and Getaround and senior professionals from global asset management firms.
If you have a passion for the future of mobility, including last mile transport, autonomous vehicles, vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) aircraft and their surrounding ecosystem, the Company provides the opportunity to join at an early stage. After successfully closing one of the highest seed financing rounds in the LA startup ecosystem, the Company is focused on building the technology and the team, to become one of the sector’s highest profile companies. Along the way, you will also partner closely with some of the tech sector’s most influential and successful investors, building a portfolio of intersecting business verticals in technology, real estate and mobility services.
Position Overview and Responsibilities
The company is seeking a Product Designer to lead the design of our mobility hubs and apps. As the founding member of the User Experience team, you will have a unique opportunity to shape the digital and physical design of our product.
Our product connects the online and offline worlds, and presents unique UX problems that would challenge the most talented product designers. Most companies have a digital product that could be designed and optimized based on some key metrics. In our case, not only do we have to come up with the optimal design for our digital products, we have to also ensure that these designs seamlessly connect with physical assets, like signage, that we have deployed in our facilities. In this role you will also be challenged to reimagine the user experience of products in an industry that has seen little to no innovation in decades. Our goal is for customers to visit our locations and immediately realize -- based primarily on your work -- that they are in no ordinary facility.
When you join Metropolis, you’ll join a team of world-class product leaders and engineers, building an ecosystem of technologies at the intersection of parking, mobility, and real estate. Our goal is to build an inclusive culture where everyone has a voice and the best idea wins. You will play a key role in building and maintaining this culture as our organization grows.
- Problem solve, think big, and explore divergent concepts and ideas while understanding how to converge and build iteratively towards your vision.
- Plan strategically and think tactically as a partner with Product and Engineering to define the future of the team.
- Influence the shape of the product with research and data while executing design work using high quality wireframes, mockups, user journeys, and cross-platform interactive prototypes.
- Advocate for design by sharing your work and presenting cross-functionally, while being able to precisely articulate design rationale.
- Inspire the entire team (including your cross-functional partners) by bringing new ideas to the table.
- Create a unified, end-to-end experience through close collaboration with team members from across the Product and Engineering Teams.
Requirements and Qualifications
- 7+ years of experience working in UX, UI, HCI related field with experience working on mobile.
- Experience designing on multiple platforms (e.g., iOS, Android, Mobile web, Desktop).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly proficient with design tools (e.g., Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Highly proficient with interactive prototyping tools (e.g., Framer, Principle, Origami, Invision Studio).
- Excellence in design craft.
- Ability to work with a low-ego, highly collaborative, cross-functional team.
- Excited about working in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment.