Metropolis is an AI and computer vision start-up building the technological and real estate infrastructure to facilitate the future of mobility.
This is your opportunity to join early and build something remarkable at the intersection of technology, mobility, and real estate. We are reimagining the parking experience today but developing an ecosystem to support all forms of mobility tomorrow; and if you have a passion for transforming the urban landscape to more intelligently facilitate EV charging, last mile transport, autonomous vehicles, and even electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL), please consider joining us.
The Company is led by an experienced executive team with diverse backgrounds, including a successful LA-based tech founder, a technical leader from eHarmony and DogVacay, and senior professionals from major global financial services firms and the world’s leading mobility companies; our first-class engineering talent joins us from Google, Palantir, Rubicon Project, Honey, Canoo, and others.
We approach life with wonder and curiosity. We’re inventors, skeptics and, at times, have been called crazy. We challenge one another with passion, from principle and with respect. But above all, we are relentless in our drive to build a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive culture.
Position Overview and Responsibilities
The company is seeking a Product Designer to lead the design of our mobility hubs and apps. As the founding member of the User Experience team, you will have a unique opportunity to shape the digital and physical design of our product.
We have a unique product that connects the online and offline worlds, and presents unique UX problems that would challenge the most talented product designers. Most companies have a digital product that can be designed and optimized based on easily-obtainable key metrics. In our case, not only do we have to come up with the optimal design for our digital products, but we also have to ensure that these designs seamlessly connect with physical assets, like signage, that we have deployed in our facilities.
In this role you will also be challenged to reimagine the user experience of products in an industry that has seen little to no innovation in decades. Our goal is for customers to visit our locations and immediately realize — based primarily on your work — that they are in no ordinary facility.
- Problem solve, think big, and explore divergent concepts/ideas while understanding how to converge and build iteratively towards your vision.
- Plan strategically and think tactically as a partner with Product and Engineering to define the future of the team.
- Influence the shape of the product with research and data while executing design work using high quality wireframes, mockups, user journeys, and cross-platform interactive prototypes.
- Advocate for design by sharing your work and presenting cross-functionally, while being able to precisely articulate design rationale.
- Inspire the entire team (including your cross-functional partners) by bringing new ideas to the table.
- Create a unified, end-to-end experience through close collaboration with the Product and Engineering Teams.
Requirements and Qualifications
- 7+ years of experience working in UX, UI, HCI related field with experience working on mobile.
- Experience designing on multiple platforms (e.g., iOS, Android, Mobile web, Desktop).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly proficient with design tools (e.g., Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Highly proficient with interactive prototyping tools (e.g., Framer, Principle, Origami, Invision Studio).
- Excellence in design craft.
- Ability to work with a low-ego, highly collaborative, cross-functional team.
- Excited about working in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment.
- Attractive compensation and generous benefits package (100% Medical, 50% Vision and 50% Dental)
- Company 401(k) match up to 6% of salary
- Paid company snacks and after-hour meals
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Gym reimbursement program
- 529 savings plan
- Commuter benefits