Metropolis Technologies, Inc. is building digital networks to facilitate the future of mobility. The Company’s headquarters is located in Los Angeles, CA with offices in Northern California, New York, and Texas.
If you have a passion for the future of mobility, including parking, on-demand valet, e-scooters, rideshare, last mile transport, autonomous vehicles, electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft and their surrounding ecosystem, the Company provides the opportunity to join at an early stage to launch San Jose.
General Manager, San Jose
Our expanding company is seeking to hire a General Manager to launch our San Jose market. The General Manager will own all local operations, projects and relationships. As the Profit & Loss owner, you will initiate marketing and promotional activities to grow revenue across a number of channels, as well as efficiently managing operations within a predefined budget.
You will lead a team taking on marketing, community management, customer service, and other functions, as well as ultimately being responsible for the hiring, training and developing of all staff in the field operating out mobility and parking hubs.
The successful candidate will be open-minded, resourceful, decisive, and possess a high degree of humility. They will be comfortable leading a team and setting a positive example. As a General Manager, you are effectively the CEO of your market with a broad amount of autonomy to make impactful decisions. This is a tough job that requires an incredible amount of dedication.
- Take ultimate ownership of strategy and operations in your market, responsible for the success or failure of the P&L
- Lead a large human-centric, multi-functional team, hiring, training and developing them into world-class operators
- Drive the implementation of new technology in your market, both in terms of hardware at our mobility hubs, and internal and external facing apps to drive a remarkable consumer experience and strong network effects
- Display persistence, drive momentum and maintain a bias of action towards developing and innovating on new business in your market
- Deliver a delightful customer experience that is worthy of compliment
- Innovate Everything
- B.A/B.S or equivalent required; MBA preferred
- 10+ years of business experience - operations, consulting, banking, entrepreneurship and/or mobility
- At least 5 years of team management experience, preferably in managing multi-functional managers
- Entrepreneurial mindset. Must be a self-starter who thrives on ambiguity and the opportunity to bring structure where needed
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among managers, partners, and employees.
- Advanced analytical foundation and business judgment. Fluent in leveraging data to drive decision making and comfortable rolling up your sleeves to uncover business insights
- Strong interpersonal skills. Success in this role depends on developing trusting relationships with the team, external stakeholders, and partners
- Natural communicator and presenter. An excellent listener, capable of synthesizing disparate inputs into a clean, coherent, and compelling narrative
- Passion for transportation, mobility and/or logistics is a plus!