Metropolis Technologies, Inc. is building digital networks to facilitate the future of mobility. If you have a passion for the future of mobility, including parking, on-demand valet, e-scooters, rideshare, last mile transport, autonomous vehicles, electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft and their surrounding ecosystem, Metropolis provides the opportunity to join a company aiming to disrupt a $500 billion market.
Metropolis completed its seed financing round of $20 million in early 2019 and is anticipated to complete a substantial round of funding within the year. Investors in the seed round include world class investors like Slow Ventures, Zigg Capital and prominent private investors in early-stage companies.
Operations Coordinator, Los Angeles
The Operations Coordinator will be central to rapidly scaling Metropolis in Los Angeles and beyond. You will be responsible for managing operations and technology at multiple facilities across the market. You will play a strong role in enabling new sites with our proprietary hardware and software, as well as coordinating with our product and technology teams to ensure peak performance.
What you’ll do
- Maintain our facilities to the highest quality standards to ensure 100% customer satisfaction as well as efficient technical efficiency
- Coordinate vendors to conduct installations, repairs and maintenance of equipment as necessary
- Troubleshoot hardware and software to identify issues and bugs, and either fix those issues or communicate them expeditiously to the appropriate internal teams who can
- Assist in the onboarding of new locations, including the planning and execution of site improvements
- Understand and own the municipal permitting process
- Facilitate, as needed, the installation of our proprietary technology
- Supervise Operations Specialists in the completion of the above tasks
- Devise and document operational processes to facilitate scale
- Manage operations-related requests from Mobility and Operations Specialists
- Project managing strategic initiatives as they arise
What you’ll need
- Minimum 2-3 years of business experience in operations, consulting, banking, entrepreneurship and/or mobility
- A Problem-solving mentality; when you see something is broken, you fix it, and if you don’t know how, you learn
- Entrepreneurial mindset. Must be a self-starter who thrives both on ambiguity and the opportunity to bring structure where needed
- A bias towards action. The willingness and ability to take decisive action rooted in sound judgement and on a reasonable timeline is critical for this role
- Strong interpersonal skills. Success in this role depends on developing trusting relationships with the Los Angeles team, myriad stakeholders and partners
- Natural communicator. We’re looking for someone who can transition between highly professional and casual conversations without skipping a beat
- Passion for transportation, mobility and/or logistics is a plus!
- Attractive compensation and generous benefits package (100% Medical, 50% Vision and 50% Dental)
- Company 401(k) match up to 6% of salary
- Paid company snacks and after-hour meals
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Gym reimbursement program
- 529 savings plan
- Commuter benefits