On the off chance you've thought about insurance, it's likely because you've insured something you love, not because you loved your insurance company. Metromile is out to change that. As an insurtech powered by data science and customer-centric design, we’re building a community of drivers who come for the savings and stay for the experience.
With technology at its core, Metromile is reimagining insurance to make it fairer and actually delightful. We’re obsessed with savings, service, and features -- street sweeping alerts, monthly mileage summaries, fuel trackers and more -- that engage a customer all along their journey. We’re on the forefront of disrupting a $250 billion auto insurance category that has gone unchanged for over 80 years.
Metromile’s diverse team combines the best of Silicon Valley technologists with veterans from Fortune 500 insurers and financial services giants. This management structure ensures that the business is focused on growth, customer experience and technology innovation while also balancing unit economics and profitability. Our team is growing quickly across the country. We have offices in SF, Tempe and Boston and welcome remote workers across the country. Our customer experience, claims, and sales teams are all based in-house in the US.
Thanks to what makes us different -- our people and our technology -- we’ve been honored with a slew of awards. A few recent ones include: named a Benzinga “Best Insurtech” finalist, a Top Company to Work For, one of the Healthiest Employers in Phoenix, and a Best Place to Work. And, our CEO was recognized as a 2020 40 under 40.
About the role
The Senior Marketing Analyst role is responsible for building our best-in-class data-driven marketing framework, which is used to buy, measure & optimize Metromile’s marketing investment across channels and audience segments. In this role, you will work within a small team of analysts to optimize sales growth through analysis of our key marketing metrics, including Customer Acquisition Cost, Lifetime Value, and Retention.
This is a highly cross-functional role that sits at the intersection of our data teams and our marketing channel management team. You will collaborate with fellow analysts and data engineers to design and build our marketing data pipelines, and will work closely with our channel managers to use that data to deliver value through insights that shape our marketing strategy. You will visualize and communicate these insights to marketing leadership and stakeholders across the company, and will play a critical role fueling Metromile’s growth in the coming years.
- Deliver value to the organization through analysis of our acquisition costs, retention metrics, customer LTV, and audience segmentation across different marketing channels and tactics
- Build subject matter expertise on all of our marketing data sources, including cross-channel marketing attribution and platform data (Facebook, Google Ads, etc.), and lead the charge on identifying and acquiring new data sources
- Partner with business stakeholders from the Marketing, Product, and Sales teams to propose and develop A/B and multivariate testing frameworks, hypothesis-driven analytics roadmaps, and action plans
- Propose, socialize, and implement data and systems improvements that improve data accessibility and analytics efficiency
- Become a subject matter expert in our Q&E (Quote & Enrollment) flows, marketing automation platforms (particularly Iterable, Segment, Rockerbox and Salesforce), and the targeting capabilities of our online and offline marketing channels
- Develop innovative reporting and dashboards that make it easy to understand campaign performance at a glance, and be the owner of those metrics as they vary along key customer segments
- You have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in a quantitative discipline and 4+ years' experience in a data-centric business-to-consumer role (e.g. Marketing Analytics, Product Analytics, Customer Data Analytics, Applied Data Science, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize, prioritize and drive results with a high sense of urgency
- Thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment with a high capacity to multitask and handle tight deadlines on a daily basis
- You have hands-on experience with SQL and data visualization tools like Tableau or Looker, and are motivated to learn new tools and technologies
- You're intellectually curious, analytically-minded, detail-oriented, eager to learn, willing to get your hands dirty, and excited to have an impact on the company's bottom-line.
Nice to have:
- Insurance, auto insurance, or other financial services experience
- Direct or Performance Marketing experience
- Performance marketing attribution experience
- Experience with ETL development and support
- Experience with scripting and/or statistical analysis in Python or R
- Previous start-up experience
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary
- Equity awards available
- Excellent benefits package (health, dental, vision, 401K with match)
- Well-being reimbursement, includes home office equipment
- Flexible paid vacation program
- Flexible scheduling/hours
- Remote work options
- 13 paid holidays - 2 of which are flex
- 12 paid weeks of leave for child birth/adoption
- Annual anniversary gifts (5 yr. - 6 week paid sabbatical)
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the role. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Metromile’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
Metromile is committed to building a diverse, inclusive and equitable culture at all levels. We nurture a sense of community by investing in one another’s unique backgrounds and experiences to drive business success and positively influence our services and products.
Metromile is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military, and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.