On the off chance you've thought about insurance, it's likely because you've insured something you love, not because you loved your insurance company. Metromile is out to change that. As an insurtech powered by data science and customer-centric design, we’re building a community of drivers who come for the savings and stay for the experience.
With technology at its core, Metromile is reimagining insurance to make it fairer and actually delightful. We’re obsessed with savings, service, and features -- street sweeping alerts, monthly mileage summaries, fuel trackers and more -- that engage a customer all along their journey. We’re on the forefront of disrupting a $250 billion auto insurance category that has gone unchanged for over 80 years.
Metromile’s diverse team combines the best of Silicon Valley technologists with veterans from Fortune 500 insurers and financial services giants. This management structure ensures that the business is focused on growth, customer experience and technology innovation while also balancing unit economics and profitability. The team is growing quickly across its San Francisco, Tempe, and Boston offices. Our customer service, claims, and sales teams are all based in-house in the US.
Thanks to what makes us different -- our people and our technology -- we’ve been honored with a slew of awards. A few recent ones include: named a Benzinga “Best Insuretech” finalist, a Top Company to Work For, one of the Healthiest Employers in Phoenix, and a Best Place to Work. And, our CEO was recognized as a 2020 40 under 40.
About the role
We are searching for a Sr. Financial Analyst who will play a vital role in strategic planning, and contribute to our consolidated financial reporting and analysis processes. The role will play an integral part in Metromile’s growth and success and will be part of a high-performing finance team. This role requires a driven professional who is excited to make a significant impact and is comfortable working with senior leaders and cross-functional teams.
- Assist with Metromile’s consolidated financial forecast through annual and quarterly budgeting cycles
- Prepare weekly/monthly/quarterly reporting and analyze financial performance and developing trends in relation to business goals
- Develop comprehensive financial models with an integrated set of assumptions and operational metrics
- Perform sensitivity analyses to assess the range of reasonable outcomes, while highlighting risks and opportunities
- Prepare financial and operational metrics (KPIs) for reporting to the leadership team and Board of Directors
- Collaborate with all members of the finance and accounting team to understand the story behind the numbers and synthesize results in a concise manner
- Continuously improve processes, systems, data sources and controls to keep up with fast growth and build a scalable infrastructure
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including Marketing and Insurance, to ensure consistent communication, alignment, and be accountable for key results
- 3+ years of experience in financial analysis
- Solid quantitative and analytical skills, detail-oriented, proficient in building financial models and handling complex data sets
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, and SQL skills required, Tableau experience a plus
- Excellent communicator at all levels and present results highlighting strategic impact
- Self-driven, proactive, with the ability to move projects forward independently
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and complexity
- Excellent time management, prioritization, and problem-solving skills
- An intellectual curiosity and a desire to understand the business
What’s in it for you
- Highly Competitive salary
- Restricted stock units for every employee
- Excellent benefits package (health, dental, vision, 401K plus match)
- Well-being reimbursement, includes home office equipment
- Flexible paid vacation program
- Flexible scheduling/hours
- Remote work options
- 13 paid holidays - 2 of which are flex
- 12 paid weeks of leave for childbirth/adoption
- Annual anniversary gifts (5 yr. - 6 week paid sabbatical)
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the role. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Metromile’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
Metromile is committed to building a diverse, inclusive and equitable culture at all levels. We nurture a sense of community by investing in one another’s unique backgrounds and experiences to drive business success and positively influence our services and products.
Metromile is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military, and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.