On the off chance you've thought about insurance, it's likely because you've insured something you love, not because you loved your insurance company. Metromile is out to change that. As an insurtech powered by data science and customer-centric design, we’re building a community of drivers who come for the savings and stay for the experience.
With technology at its core, Metromile is reimagining insurance to make it fairer and actually delightful. We’re obsessed with savings, service, and features -- street sweeping alerts, monthly mileage summaries, fuel trackers and more -- that engage a customer all along their journey. We’re on the forefront of disrupting a $250 billion auto insurance category that has gone unchanged for over 80 years.
Metromile’s diverse team combines the best of Silicon Valley technologists with veterans from Fortune 500 insurers and financial services giants. This management structure ensures that the business is focused on growth, customer experience and technology innovation while also balancing unit economics and profitability. The team is growing quickly across its San Francisco, Tempe, and Boston offices. Our customer service, claims, and sales teams are all based in-house in the US.
Thanks to what makes us different -- our people and our technology -- we’ve been honored with a slew of awards. A few recent ones include: named a Benzinga “Best Insurtech” finalist, a Top Company to Work For, one of the Healthiest Employers in Phoenix, and a Best Place to Work. And, our CEO was recognized as a 2020 40 under 40.
About the role
The Marketing Channel Manager is responsible for leading the strategy, planning and execution of customer acquisition through direct mail. In this role, you will develop strategies to profitably target new customers across a variety of direct response marketing vehicles that may include direct mail, television, shared mail or radio. You will have the opportunity to recommend and execute campaigns based on data driven decision making. You'll work with customer insights and advanced analytics to develop new targeting, creative, and messaging to improve the ROI of marketing strategies. If you're a highly analytical direct mail expert with excellent communication skills and the ability to work across and gain buy-in from multiple stakeholders, then this role may be right for you!
- Lead the strategy, planning and execution of all direct mail campaigns
- Drive higher quality sales through highly analytical approach
- Guide test & learn plans and provide recommendations based on results to ensure continuous improvement.
- Work closely with other teams across the Metromile business to better understand customer needs, business processes, and best practices.
- Evaluate emerging technologies, vendors and industry innovations and provide recommendations for adoption where appropriate.
- Drive creative direction that leverages the brand with relevance to the target segment.
- Grow the subscriber base by aggressively driving new, high quality activations.
- Effectively manage marketing projects with strong organizational, communication, and coordination skills.
- 2-5 years managing and executing direct mail marketing campaigns
- Demonstrated success building a direct mail marketing campaign from scratch for a customer acquisition focused company (or demonstrated success scaling a direct marketing campaign)
- Highly analytical approach to driving direct customer acquisition
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize, prioritize and drive results with a high sense of urgency
- Thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment with a high capacity to multi-task and handle tight deadlines on a daily basis
- Strong interpersonal skills that encourage team partnership, promote enthusiasm and foster strategic thinking
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, but a willingness and desire to ‘roll up your sleeves’
- Highly creative and innovative with experience identifying target audiences and devising campaigns that engage, inform and motivate action.
- Strong experience with online analytics tools
Nice to Haves
- BS in quantitative field, MBA
- Direct mail experience in the insurance industry or work at a direct mail company
- Broader marketing channel experience beyond direct mail
- A proven record of effective leadership and desire to mentor and train new team members
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary
- Equity options available
- Excellent benefits package (health, dental, vision, 401K - with employer match)
- Well-being reimbursement, includes home office equipment
- Flexible paid vacation program
- Flexible scheduling/hours
- Remote work options
- 13 paid holidays - 2 of which are flex
- 12 paid weeks of leave for child birth/adoption
- Annual anniversary gifts (5 yr. - 6 week paid sabbatical)
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the role. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Metromile’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
Metromile is committed to building a diverse, inclusive and equitable culture at all levels. We nurture a sense of community by investing in one another’s unique backgrounds and experiences to drive business success and positively influence our services and products.
Metromile is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military, and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.