Metromile is a leading digital insurance platform in the United States. With data science as its foundation, Metromile offers real-time, personalized auto insurance policies by the mile, instead of the industry-standard approximations and estimates that have historically made prices unfair. Metromile’s digitally native offering is built around the modern driver’s needs, featuring automated claims, complimentary smart driving features and annual average savings of 47% over what they were paying their previous auto insurer.
In addition, through Metromile Enterprise, it licenses its technology platform to insurance companies around the world. This cloud-based software as a service enables carriers to operate with greater efficiency, automate claims to expedite resolution, reduce losses associated with fraud, and unlock the productivity of employees.
About the role
As a Product Consultant, you’ll be working closely with leadership, product, design, marketing and a dedicated set of engineers to create products that solve the biggest problems facing multi billion dollar companies. This means you will help large insurance customers understand and use exciting new products while revolutionizing their businesses in a changing landscape. As the main point of contact with our customers you will also hold the critical role of customer advocate, ensuring our engineering and product teams have the context and feedback they need to build great things. We are looking for someone with a strong analytical and strategic background who has worked with large legacy organizations to change their business processes and implement new technologies. This person will ideally have a technical background and be capable of understanding the nuances of complex machine learning powered SaaS systems. This position reports to the Director of Product Consulting.
- Partner across multiple teams on a variety of products to help guide their development
- Champion the customer's point of view always
- Partner with our sales team to lead the technical conversation with prospects
- Perform product demos as a part of the consultative sales cycle
- Build a detailed understanding of the nuances in our customers business and how our products fit into their models
- Work directly with customers to manage their implementations and ensure they get the most value possible from our products
- Become a Metromile Enterprise product expert with a full understanding of our suite including complex AI and Machine Learning based products
- Be a highly collaborative and active member of the Metromile Enterprise team
- 4-6 + years experience in consulting, strategy, technical account management or sales engineering
- Has held a key role in the implementation of complex SaaS systems
- Command over data with a strong analytical bend
- Passion to try new things and aggressively test new ideas
- Experience working in a fast paced technology startup environment
- Penchant for solving complex problems
- Passion for customer success
- Desire to get things done quickly and work in a fast moving environment
- Experience partnering with sales teams as a technical resources preferred
- BA / BS in Engineering, Business, or a related field required
- Flexibility for up to 50% domestic and international travel
- MBA or advanced degree preferred
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary
- Restricted stock units for all employees
- Excellent benefits package (health, dental, vision, 401K - with employer match)
- Well-being reimbursement, includes home office equipment
- Flexible paid vacation program
- Flexible scheduling/hours
- Remote work options
- 13 paid holidays - 2 of which are flex
- 12 paid weeks of leave for child birth/adoption
- Annual anniversary gifts (5 yr. - 6 week paid sabbatical)
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the role. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Metromile’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
Metromile is committed to building a diverse, inclusive and equitable culture at all levels. We nurture a sense of community by investing in one another’s unique backgrounds and experiences to drive business success and positively influence our services and products.
Metromile is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military, and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.