Metromile is a leading digital insurance platform in the United States. With data science as its foundation, Metromile offers real-time, personalized auto insurance policies by the mile, instead of the industry-standard approximations and estimates that have historically made prices unfair. Metromile’s digitally native offering is built around the modern driver’s needs, featuring automated claims, complimentary smart driving features and annual average savings of 47% over what they were paying their previous auto insurer.
In addition, through Metromile Enterprise, it licenses its technology platform to insurance companies around the world. This cloud-based software as a service enables carriers to operate with greater efficiency, automate claims to expedite resolution, reduce losses associated with fraud, and unlock the productivity of employees.
For more information about Metromile, visit www.metromile.com and enterprise.metromile.com
Thanks to what makes us different -- our people and our technology -- we’ve been honored with a slew of awards. A few recent ones include: named a Benzinga “Best Insurtech” finalist, a Top Company to Work For, one of the Healthiest Employers in Phoenix, and a Best Place to Work. And, our CEO was recognized as a 2020 40 under 40.
About the role
Metromile recently launched a new B2B business venture, Metromile Enterprise, to license its proprietary AI platform to insurance companies in the US and across the globe. We are looking for a Staff Frontend Engineer to join our team solving some of the most challenging problems in the personal and commercial insurance industry .
If you are excited by the opportunity to explore diverse data sources, build a wide range of models, and collaborate with technical and non-technical team members and stakeholders, we’d love to hear from you!
- Mentor a team of software engineers for professional development
- Build robust single page applications using React and other modern libraries and tooling
- Work as a part of small cross-functional team on high-impact projects
- Collaborate closely with product and design teams to build new features and beautiful interactive interfaces in mobile and desktop environments
- Help architect a modular and easily maintainable application infrastructure using sensible and appropriate technologies
- Facilitate quality by writing unit tests and participating in code reviews
- Working knowledge of GraphQL
- 7+ years of hands-on development experience working on consumer-facing products
- Experience with React, Angular, Vue or other modern component-based frameworks
- Understanding of browser internals and DOM
- Proficiency with CSS preprocessors like Sass
- Sensibility towards design and UX
Nice to Have :
- Front-end testing tools like Karma, Jasmine, and Protractor
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through production launch
- Knowledge of relational (Postgres) and non-relational databases
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary plus equity
- Robust benefit options (health, dental, vision, 401K- with employer match)
- Commuter and well-being benefits
- Generous parental leave
- Catered lunches and a fully stocked kitchen
- Monthly social events (Movies, game nights, park days, etc.)
- Mac equipment and adjustable workstations
If you got to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about the role. Even if you don’t feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to meet people that believe in Metromile’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
Metromile is committed to building a diverse, inclusive and equitable culture at all levels. We nurture a sense of community by investing in one another’s unique backgrounds and experiences to drive business success and positively influence our services and products.
Metromile is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military, and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
Metromile is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.