On the off chance you've thought about insurance, it's likely because you've insured something you love, not because you loved your insurance company. Metromile is out to change that. As an insurtech powered by data science and customer centric-design, we’re building a community of drivers who come for the savings and stay for the experience.
With technology at its core, Metromile is reimagining insurance to make it fairer and actually delightful. We’re obsessed with savings, service, and features -- street sweeping alerts, monthly mileage summaries, fuel trackers and more -- that engage a customer all along their journey. We’re on the forefront of disrupting a $250 billion auto insurance category that has gone unchanged for over 80 years.
Metromile’s diverse team combines the best of Silicon Valley technologists with veterans from Fortune 500 insurers and financial services giants. This management structure ensures that the business is focused on growth, customer experience and technology innovation while also balancing unit economics and profitability. The team is growing quickly across its San Francisco, Tempe, and Boston offices. Our customer service, claims, and sales teams are all based in-house in the US.
About the role
- Build robust single page applications using TypeScript, Angular, modern libraries and tooling
- Work as a part of small cross-functional team on high-impact projects
- Collaborate closely with product and design teams to build new features and beautiful interactive interfaces in mobile and desktop environments
- Build reusable front-end interfaces with various levels of abstraction
- Help architect a modular and easily maintainable application infrastructure using sensible and appropriate technologies
- Facilitate quality by writing unit tests and participating in code reviews
- 7+ years of hands-on development experience working on single-page web applications
- Experience with Angular, React, Vue or other modern component-based frameworks
- Understanding of browser internals and DOM
- Sensibility towards design and UX
Nice to Have :
- Hands-on development experience working on consumer-facing products
- Understanding of web performance
- Proficiency with CSS pre-processors like Sass
- Frontend tools like Webpack, Gulp, Karma, Jasmine, and Protractor
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary plus equity
- Robust benefit options (health, dental, vision, 401K)
- Well-being benefits
- Generous parental leave
- Mac equipment and adjustable workstations
Metromile is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.