On the off chance you've thought about insurance, it's likely because you've insured something you love, not because you loved your insurance company. Metromile is out to change that. As an insurtech powered by data science and customer-centric design, we’re building a community of drivers who come for the savings and stay for the experience.
With technology at its core, Metromile is reimagining insurance to make it fairer and actually delightful. We’re obsessed with savings, service, and features -- street sweeping alerts, monthly mileage summaries, fuel trackers and more -- that engage a customer all along their journey. We’re on the forefront of disrupting a $250 billion auto insurance category that has gone unchanged for over 80 years.
Metromile’s diverse team combines the best of Silicon Valley technologists with veterans from Fortune 500 insurers and financial services giants. This management structure ensures that the business is focused on growth, customer experience and technology innovation while also balancing unit economics and profitability. The team is growing quickly across its San Francisco, Tempe, and Boston offices. Our customer service, claims, and sales teams are all based in-house in the US.
This role is with Metromile’s newest division, Enterprise Business Services (EBS). We are taking the amazing technology created to make our insurance business successful and providing it to other insurers to improve their business processes. The EBS team is devoted to helping all insurers provide seamless digital customer experience, fight fraud with machine learning and automate their back office. Our goals are ambitious but achievable thanks to an incredible team that you can be a part of.
About the role
As a Product Consultant, you’ll be working closely with leadership, product, design, marketing and a dedicated set of engineers to create products that solve the biggest problems facing multi billion dollar companies. This means you will help large insurance customers understand and use exciting new products while revolutionizing their businesses in a changing landscape. As the main point of contact with our customers you will also hold the critical role of customer advocate, ensuring our engineering and product teams have the context and feedback they need to build great things. We are looking for someone with a strong analytical and strategic background who has worked with large legacy organizations to change their business processes and implement new technologies. This person will ideally have a technical background and be capable of understanding the nuances of complex machine learning powered SaaS systems. This position reports to the Director of Product Consulting.
- Partner across multiple teams on a variety of products to help guide their development
- Champion the customer's point of view always
- Partner with our sales team to lead the technical conversation with prospects
- Perform product demos as a part of the consultative sales cycle
- Build a detailed understanding of the nuances in our customers business and how our products fit into their models
- Work directly with customers to manage their implementations and ensure they get the most value possible from our products
- Become a Metromile Enterprise product expert with a full understanding of our suite including complex AI and Machine Learning based products
- Be a highly collaborative and active member of the Metromile Enterprise team
- 4-6 + years experience in consulting, strategy, technical account management or sales engineering
- Has held a key role in the implementation of complex SaaS systems
- Command over data with a strong analytical bend
- Conversational level knowledge of Japanese
- Passion to try new things and aggressively test new ideas
- Experience working in a fast paced technology startup environment
- Penchant for solving complex problems
- Passion for customer success
- Desire to get things done quickly and work in a fast moving environment
- Experience partnering with sales teams as a technical resources preferred
- BA / BS in Engineering, Business, or a related field required
- Flexibility for up to 50% domestic and international travel
- MBA or advanced degree preferred
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary plus equity
- Robust benefit options (health, dental, vision, 401K)
- Generous parental leave
- Mac equipment and adjustable workstations
Metromile is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.