On the off chance, you've thought about insurance, it's likely because you've insured something you love, not because you loved your insurance company. Metromile is out to change that. As an insurtech powered by data science and customer-centric design, we’re building a community of drivers who come for the savings and stay for the experience.
With technology at its core, Metromile is reimagining insurance to make it fairer and actually delightful. We’re obsessed with savings, service, and features -- street sweeping alerts, monthly mileage summaries, fuel trackers and more -- that engage a customer all along their journey. We’re on the forefront of disrupting a $250 billion auto insurance category that has gone unchanged for over 80 years.
Metromile’s diverse team combines the best of Silicon Valley technologists with veterans from Fortune 500 insurers and financial services giants. This management structure ensures that the business is focused on growth, customer experience and technology innovation while also balancing unit economics and profitability. The team is growing quickly across its San Francisco, Tempe, and Boston offices. Our customer service, claims, and sales teams are all based in-house in the US.
About the role
The product design team at Metromile is responsible for designing new features and delivering a beautiful and engaging product experience in a collaborative, dynamic, and iterative environment. We are looking for strong product designers to join our small, mission-focused team, as we scale the product and design organization. Reporting to the Director of Product Design, you will work with other team members to craft experiences for both our web and mobile products. If you’re an expert in product, visual, UI, or UX design looking to join the tight-knit team we’d love to hear from you!
- Work within the design team on a variety of platforms and products
- Champion the users' point of view in discussions of new product features
- Partner with our product management team to deliver a unified vision of how our products work
- Design high-fidelity visual comps and design communication/specs or prototypes to convey your design vision
- Work directly with the product team and engineering counterparts in launching features/products
- Be a highly collaborative and active member of your design, product, and development triumvirate
- Revise your designs based on design reviews, usability testing, A/B testing, and customer support feedback
- 3-4+ years experience in product design (at least 1 mobile product)
- 1+ years in design leadership as a senior, lead, etc
- Portfolio examples of complex design challenges highlighting your end-to-end design process from concept through pixel-perfect designs
- Experience assimilating customer feedback received through user research, user feedback, user testing, etc. (extra special bonus points if you were involved in the research!)
- Experience creating functional prototypes (using HTML, CSS, etc) and working closely with product management and dev teams to implement your design solutions
- Proficient with a wide arsenal of design software packages and tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Benefits (Health, Dental, Vision)
- Transportation and gym benefits
- Catered lunches and a fully stocked kitchen
- In office happy hour every Friday
- Monthly social events (Trivia nights, skeeball, ropes course, etc)
- Mac equipment and ergonomic workstation, customized to your specs
Metromile is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.