On the off chance, you've thought about insurance, it's likely because you've insured something you love, not because you loved your insurance company. Metromile is out to change that. As an insurtech powered by data science and customer-centric design, we’re building a community of drivers who come for the savings and stay for the experience.
With technology at its core, Metromile is reimagining insurance to make it fairer and actually delightful. We’re obsessed with savings, service, and features -- street sweeping alerts, monthly mileage summaries, fuel trackers and more -- that engage a customer all along their journey. We’re on the forefront of disrupting a $250 billion auto insurance category that has gone unchanged for over 80 years.
Metromile’s diverse team combines the best of Silicon Valley technologists with veterans from Fortune 500 insurers and financial services giants. This management structure ensures that the business is focused on growth, customer experience and technology innovation while also balancing unit economics and profitability. The team is growing quickly across its San Francisco, Tempe, and Boston offices. Our customer service, claims, and sales teams are all based in-house in the US.
About the role
Metromile recently launched a new B2B business venture, Metromile Enterprise, to license its proprietary AI platform to insurance companies in the US and across the globe. We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join support our FNOL and Fraud platform by facilitating product strategy, requirement development, collaboration with engineering, go-to-market and operations teams to order to ensure that the financial and transformation goals are met.
We're looking for a motivated self-starter who thrives in a team environment and is excited to create a new business within Metromile. You've also excelled in both product and relationship-building roles in the past.
Our ideal teammate enjoys working collaboratively with others to meet goals and build products that delight users and customers. If this sounds like a challenge you would enjoy learning more about—we want to hear from you!
- Own product strategy for the entire product line including opportunity identification, business metric framework, resource tradeoffs and investment business cases
- Oversee feature prioritization for the development teams, and keep the trains running on time within an agile development environment
- Develop a deep understanding of user behavior and product metrics, looking for ways to improve key product metrics and our user experience
- Work directly with our product team and leadership to shape the long-term product and business direction
- 5+ years product management experience and understands the entire product life-cycle from concept to launch
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (design, engineering, data science, business development, marketing)
- Ability to use data, your experience and product instincts to identify most impactful areas of focus
- Strong project management skills, and willingness/ability to own key parts of the product, end-to-end
- Experience influencing and collaborating at the executive level
Nice to Haves:
- Prior experience at enterprise startups or launching new B2B ventures at established companies
- MBA or a graduate degree in a technical or quantitative field
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary plus equity
- Robust benefit options (health, dental, vision, 401K)
- Commuter and well-being benefits
- Generous parental leave
- Catered lunches and a fully stocked kitchen
- Monthly social events (Movies, game nights, park days, etc.)
- Mac equipment and adjustable workstations
Metromile is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.