On the off chance you've thought about insurance, it's likely because you've insured something you love, not because you loved your insurance company. Metromile is out to change that. As an insurtech powered by data science and customer centric-design, we’re building a community of drivers who come for the savings and stay for the experience.
With technology at its core, Metromile is reimagining insurance to make it fairer and actually delightful. We’re obsessed with savings, service, and features -- street sweeping alerts, monthly mileage summaries, fuel trackers and more -- that engage a customer all along their journey. We’re on the forefront of disrupting a $250 billion auto insurance category that has gone unchanged for over 80 years.
Metromile’s diverse team combines the best of Silicon Valley technologists with veterans from Fortune 500 insurers and financial services giants. This management structure ensures that the business is focused on growth, customer experience and technology innovation while also balancing unit economics and profitability. The team is growing quickly across its San Francisco, Tempe, and Boston offices. Our customer service, claims, and sales teams are all based in-house in the US.
Named a Glassdoor Best Place to Work two years in a row, our CEO consistently has a 95+ percent approval rating; nearly 90% say they’d recommend Metromile to a friend.
About the Auto Claims Adjuster Trainee role
We’re looking for someone who’s passionate about creating fiercely loyal customers when it matters most. You’ll be the primary point of contact for our claims customers from the moment the claim is reported until the claim is fully resolved. If you’re tired of the status quo and want to be part of a forward-thinking claims organization on the cutting edge of technology, we want to speak with you!
- Investigate, evaluate, and negotiate auto accident claims to reach a fair and equitable settlement for involved parties
- Interpret policy contacts and identify how coverage applies to a particular loss
- Accurately document files to include all key claims activities
- Resolve internal and external customer inquiries
- Work with external partners to ensure our customers receive a high level of efficient and effective service
- Participate in Friday afternoon nerf gun wars
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with both internal and external customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-managed, highly motivated, and confident
- Able to work well under deadlines in a high-paced, changing environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective team player
- Detail oriented
- Proficient in basic computer skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education
What’s in it for you
- Highly competitive salary
- Excellent benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k)
- Generous PTO package
- Monthly gym membership stipend
- Company-sponsored team outings
- Rare opportunity to be part of a San Francisco-based start-up growing in Arizona