On the off chance you've thought about insurance, it's likely because you've insured something you love, not because you loved your insurance company. Metromile is out to change that. As an insurtech powered by data science and customer centric-design, we’re building a community of drivers who come for the savings and stay for the experience.
With technology at its core, Metromile is reimagining insurance to make it fairer and actually delightful. We’re obsessed with savings, service, and features -- street sweeping alerts, monthly mileage summaries, fuel trackers and more -- that engage a customer all along their journey. We’re on the forefront of disrupting a $250 billion auto insurance category that has gone unchanged for over 80 years.
Metromile’s diverse team combines the best of Silicon Valley technologists with veterans from Fortune 500 insurers and financial services giants. This management structure ensures that the business is focused on growth, customer experience and technology innovation while also balancing unit economics and profitability. The team is growing quickly across its San Francisco, Tempe, and Boston offices. Our customer service, claims, and sales teams are all based in-house in the US.
Named a Glassdoor Best Place to Work two years in a row, our CEO consistently has a 95+ percent approval rating; nearly 90% say they’d recommend Metromile to a friend.
Metromile is searching for a new Director of Product Design to lead our growing team. Design at Metromile has always been a foundational element to how we build our products and design is a large part of the company culture. The Product Design team is responsible for designing the holistic experience for our customers across both web and mobile. You’ll work closely with Product Management and Engineering to take the Metromile experience to the next level. Our customers come for the savings they receive on insurance and are wowed by the experience we provide. The right candidate is deeply customer focused and able to switch between strategic, long-term thinking as well as participate in the individual facets of any given design.
This position reports to the VP of Product.
- Manage and grow a team of talented Product Designers
- Work alongside Directors of Product Management and other cross-functional stakeholders across the organization
- Guide the team and the greater organization on best design practices and processes
- Champion design and the customer in everything you do
- Influence both company and product strategy through your team's work
- 10+ years in Product Design
- 4+ years managing and growing design teams
- Successful track record and ability to influence through design
- Passion for digging into hard-to-solve, complex problem spaces
- Experiencing leading teams that have shipped both mobile apps as well as web applications
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary plus equity
- Robust benefit options (health, dental, vision, 401K)
- Transportation and well-being benefits
- Generous parental leave
- Catered lunches and a fully stocked kitchen
- Social events
- Mac equipment and adjustable workstations
Metromile is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.