On the off chance you've thought about insurance, it's likely because you've insured something you love, not because you loved your insurance company. Metromile is out to change that. As an insurtech powered by data science and customer centric-design, we’re building a community of drivers who come for the savings and stay for the experience.
With technology at its core, Metromile is reimagining insurance to make it fairer and actually delightful. We’re obsessed with savings, service, and features -- street sweeping alerts, monthly mileage summaries, fuel trackers and more -- that engage a customer all along their journey. We’re on the forefront of disrupting a $250 billion auto insurance category that has gone unchanged for over 80 years.
Metromile’s diverse team combines the best of Silicon Valley technologists with veterans from Fortune 500 insurers and financial services giants. This management structure ensures that the business is focused on growth, customer experience and technology innovation while also balancing unit economics and profitability. The team is growing quickly across its San Francisco, Tempe, and Boston offices. Our customer service, claims, and sales teams are all based in-house in the US.
Named a Glassdoor Best Place to Work two years in a row, our CEO consistently has a 95+ percent approval rating; nearly 90% say they’d recommend Metromile to a friend.
About the role
Metromile is looking for a Sr. Analyst, Strategic Finance to play a vital role in strategic planning, and drive our consolidated financial analysis and reporting processes. A successful candidate is expected to be self-motivated with strong analytical and organizational skills, with and an aptitude for putting numbers into context for senior executives and external reporting.
- Assist with Metromile’s consolidated financial forecast model and reporting through annual and quarterly forecast cycles
- Prepare flash reporting, monthly reporting and variance analysis with commentary for leadership review. Perform sensitivity analyses to assess the range of reasonable outcomes, while highlighting risks and opportunities
- Provide leadership team with data-driven decision support and KPI’s and prepare reporting for board and investors
- Collaborate with all key members of the finance and accounting team to understand the story behind the numbers and synthesize results in a concise manner, while highlighting key trends
- Prepare comprehensive financial models with an integrated set of financial statements, assumptions and metrics
- Prepare and analyze operating expenses including sales commissions and related processes
- Manage process and organization during forecast cycles and own consolidation in Adaptive Insights planning tool
- Build a scalable infrastructure by continuously improving processes, systems, data sources and controls to support a fast growing company
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or a related major is required with strong academic record
- 2-3 years of analytical work experience (investment banking, consulting, or corporate FP&A)
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, detail-oriented and proficient in building and handling complex data sets
- Must be proficient with MS Excel, PowerPoint, and SQL
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate to all levels and present results highlighting the strategic impact
- Must be highly motivated, self-driven, extremely proactive and work well in a collaborative environment
- Bonus points for experience using Adaptive Insights planning tool, and Tableau
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary plus equity
- Robust benefit options (health, dental, vision, 401K)
- Commuter and well-being benefits
- Generous parental leave
- Catered lunches and a fully stocked kitchen
- Monthly social events (Movies, game nights, park days, etc.)
- Mac equipment and adjustable workstations
Metromile is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.