Metromile is the leading pay-per-mile car insurance company in the U.S. We’re disrupting a $250 billion auto insurance category by offering an entirely new type of insurance that charges customers based on the miles they drive. We believe paying for what you use is more fair and more affordable. With pay-per-mile car insurance, low-mileage drivers see huge savings. We also believe in the power of data science and machine learning to make car insurance better and less complicated.
We're proud to say that Metromile has been named on Glassdoor's Best Place to Work in their 2018 Employees' Choice Awards list for the second year in a row!
About the role
Our product managers set the vision for our growing family of products. Every day we solve incredibly hard problems to create surprising and delightful experiences for our users. We’re responsible for guiding multidisciplinary teams toward a common goal: shipping high quality products and features on time.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will lead and implement insurance based initiatives that result in growth, engagement, and conversion while offering a delightful experience for customers purchasing a policy. You will work closely with design and engineering to iterate on innovative ideas to deliver highly effective products that will help achieve aggressive key metrics and help customers find the right content on whatever platform they choose to engage on. Reporting to the Director of Product, this position will work closely with the teams in insurance, design, engineering, sales and customer service.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to understand, rationalize, and prioritize requests for new features for the product plan
- Act as the feature champion: elevate and define features to the benefit of the Metromile customer from inception to implementation and further improvement
- Collaborate with our engineering and design teams to ship impactful features that define simplicity and usability on all platforms
- Create use cases, prioritize feature requirements, and provide clear feature benefits with proper detail for engineering, as well as sales and marketing
- Process, review, and interpret large bodies of qualitative and quantitative data on customer usage patterns to uncover new product insights
- Ensure consistency of experience across a broad range of features
- Balance diverse perspectives and empower teams to do great work
- Manage complex, cross-functional projects across multiple teams
- 5+ years professional work experience
- 3+ years product experience
- Possess a technical or product management background
- Very strong execution skills able to take seemingly vague questions and translate them into clear, achievable objectives
- Proven experience and passion for building highly successful and innovative consumer web products
- Deep understanding of and empathy for users
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (design, engineering, data science, business development, marketing)
- Love working with data you possess a proven ability to quantitatively analyze product concepts, strategic opportunities, and competitive threats based on data
- Experience in hypothesis-driven A/B testing to drive product changes
- Self-motivated, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BA / BS required
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary plus equity
- Robust benefit options (health, dental, vision, 401K)
- Commuter and well-being benefits
- Generous parental leave
- Catered lunches and a fully stocked kitchen
- Monthly social events (Movies, game nights, park days, etc.)
- Mac equipment and adjustable workstations
Metromile is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.