Metromile is the leading pay-per-mile car insurance company in the U.S. We’re disrupting a $250 billion auto insurance category by offering an entirely new type of insurance that charges customers based on the miles they drive. We believe paying for what you use is more fair and more affordable. With pay-per-mile car insurance, low-mileage drivers see huge savings. We also believe in the power of data science and machine learning to make car insurance better and less complicated.
We're proud to say that Metromile has been named on Glassdoor's Best Place to Work in their 2018 Employees' Choice Awards list for the second year in a row!
About the role
At Metromile, the Developer Productivity team is responsible for building the tools and frameworks that empower developers to deploy their changes to production with highest quality and efficiency. The team is responsible for systems including CI/CD build deployment pipelines, frameworks for automation testing, system resiliency & performance testing, and tools and methodologies to train the developers for deploying services to the cloud. Our work directly impacts the engineering team’s ability to keep pace with growth and scalability goals.
We are looking for a manager who has experience and background leading teams in the areas of DevOps, developer productivity, release management, automation and operations. We are a small team right now, but have ambitious goals for the future of service deployment and it is the perfect time for someone to come in and influence the vision for the team.
- Lead the development of tools and frameworks including continuous integration/continuous delivery pipelines and automation testing framework
- Collaborate with key leads across the organization to capture feedback and plan work
- Mentor and manage professional development of a team of engineers
- 7+ years hands-on development in the areas of devops, release and operations
- 5+ years experience building and managing teams
- Familiarity with deployment tools including Git, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Docker
- Knowledgeable in automation frameworks such as TestNG
- Strong understanding of public cloud environments such as AWS
- Familiarity with monitoring tools such as StatsD, Graphana and Splunk
Nice to Haves:
- Knowledge on services deployment architecture
- Familiarity with frameworks such as SpringBoot, Maven and Swagger
- Experience with load, performance and system resiliency testing tools and frameworks
- Knowledge of storage and messaging systems (PostgreSQL, MySQL, S3, SQS)
- Familiarity with production deployment methodologies including dark mode, blue/green deployments
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary plus equity
- Robust benefit options (health, dental, vision, 401K)
- Commuter and well-being benefits
- Generous parental leave
- Catered lunches and a fully stocked kitchen
- Monthly social events (Movies, game nights, park days, etc.)
- Mac equipment and adjustable workstations
Metromile is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.