On the off chance you've thought about insurance, it's likely because you've insured something you love, not because you loved your insurance company. Metromile is out to change that. As an insurtech powered by data science and customer centric-design, we’re building a community of drivers who come for the savings and stay for the experience.
With technology at its core, Metromile is reimagining insurance to make it fairer and actually delightful. We’re obsessed with savings, service, and features -- street sweeping alerts, monthly mileage summaries, fuel trackers and more -- that engage a customer all along their journey. We’re on the forefront of disrupting a $250 billion auto insurance category that has gone unchanged for over 80 years.
Metromile’s diverse team combines the best of Silicon Valley technologists with veterans from Fortune 500 insurers and financial services giants. This management structure ensures that the business is focused on growth, customer experience and technology innovation while also balancing unit economics and profitability. The team is growing quickly across its San Francisco, Tempe, and Boston offices. Our customer service, claims, and sales teams are all based in-house in the US.
Named a Glassdoor Best Place to Work two years in a row, our CEO consistently has a 95+ percent approval rating; nearly 90% say they’d recommend Metromile to a friend.
About the role
The Marketing Analytics function at Metromile has responsibility for a wide range of activities, from the development of strategic IP through data and quantitative modeling to performance marketing optimization and process automation.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing Analytics, the Senior Manager, Marketing Analytics will be a player-coach who manages a small team focused on forecasting, attribution, reporting, and ad hoc analysis supporting our performance marketing efforts. This is a key role for the Marketing team, as our sales and efficiency goals will depend on improvements surfaced by this team.
If you're passionate about using data to drive new marketing insights, learning and implementing new analytical tools and techniques, and passionate about developing a team of more junior analysts into the rock stars of tomorrow, then please read on!
- Manage and develop a team of 2-3 analysts who will support all performance marketing channels, from reporting and ad hoc analytics to forecasting and advanced attribution, including the development of a full-year roadmap for those areas.
- Become the subject matter expert on all data related to performance marketing: who are the key stakeholders and what are their objectives, and how does marketing and performance data enter and exit our platform?
- Ensure that marketing KPIs are clearly defined, and that those definitions are consistently understood across markets, channels, and internal teams.
- Maintain scheduled reports and troubleshoot any failures; identify report failures as soon as possible, communicate to necessary teams (Data Engineering, Performance Marketing), and get fixes identified and implemented.
- Evaluate and implement new tools and techniques to improve the efficiency of our marketing channels, including opportunities for process automation in areas like direct mail selection, digital ad platform bid-setting, etc.
- You have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in a quantitative discipline and 5+ years' experience in a data-centric business-to-consumer role (e.g. Marketing Analytics, Product Analytics, Customer Data Analytics, Applied Data Science, etc.).
- You have 2+ years' experience managing direct reports in an analytics capacity, and those reports would attest to your commitment to their professional development.
- You have hands-on experience with SQL, as well as statistical tools like Python or R and dashboarding / data visualization tools like Tableau or Looker.
- You're intellectually curious, analytically-minded, detail-oriented, eager to learn, willing to get your hands dirty, and excited to have an impact on the company's bottom-line.
Nice to Haves
- Insurance, auto insurance, or other financial services experience
- Hands-on experience managing data-oriented marketing channels like digital or mail
- Experience with ETL development and support
- Previous start-up experience
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary plus equity
- Robust benefit options (health, dental, vision, 401K)
- Commuter and well-being benefits
- Generous parental leave
- Catered lunches and a fully stocked kitchen
- Monthly social events (Movies, game nights, park days, etc.)
- Mac equipment and adjustable workstations
Metromile is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.