Metromile is the leading pay-per-mile car insurance company in the U.S. We’re disrupting a $250 billion auto insurance category by offering an entirely new type of insurance that charges customers based on the miles they drive. We believe paying for what you use is more fair and more affordable. With pay-per-mile car insurance, low-mileage drivers see huge savings. We also believe in the power of data science and machine learning to make car insurance better and less complicated.
We're proud to say that Metromile has been named on Glassdoor's Best Place to Work in their 2018 Employees' Choice Awards list for the second year in a row!
About the role
As Head of Performance Marketing, you will be responsible for driving customer acquisition through paid marketing channels and leading Metromile’s performance marketing team. You will play a critical role in driving the company’s growth through 2019 and beyond, and your job will be to leverage all available resources to drive profitable growth for the business.
You will report to the CMO and lead a team of in-house channel marketers (offline, online, TV, Landing Page Optimization etc) and variety of external agencies. You will think strategically and innovatively to identify, test and implement channel strategies/performance marketing strategies that can drive 3X-5X growth over the next 3 to 5 years while ensuring that in year/ in quarter sales/ quality/ CPA goals are met. You will be ready with a continuous list of ideas/ strategies that can be implemented at short notice to ensure that the company meets its goals. You will be managing a large channel marketing budget and will be adept at optimizing channel strategies to drive the highest return on the marketing dollar. You will also collaborate extensively with Metromile’s Marketing Analytics, Product, Underwriting and Pricing, Creative, PR andFinance teams. You will need to coach, mentor and hold team members accountable to ensure campaigns deliver business objectives and drive growth.
The ideal candidate for this role has at least 10 years experience in with performance marketing, ideally in the personal finance space.
You must be highly analytical, with the ability to dig deep and segment results across many variables to uncover opportunity. The role involves the oversight of many moving pieces, so you must have an excellent eye for detail and effectively prioritize tasks. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must. You must also be adept at managing projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Lead the strategy, planning, and execution of Metromile’s performance
- Build a long term vision for Metromile’s performance marketing to deliver the
- ambitious growth agenda the company has
- Work with stakeholders on building out roadmap for channel testing and
- audience expansion. Manage a continuous test and learn program to optimize
- creative and audience targeting across all channels
- Extensively collaborate, partner and negotiate with a variety of external Marketing
- agencies to ensure performance targets are met and develop a robust test
- Lead marketing website optimization in close collaboration with product and in-
- house creative teams
- Partner with marketing analytics and product/ pricing and underwriting teams to
- devise strategies for targeting and attract profitable audience segments at
- attractive CPA
- Continuously work to optimize marketing media mix, channel budget allocation,
- and refine attribution models
- Communicate regular updates to Metromile’s leadership team on performance,
- results, and marketing initiatives
- Build growth forecasts and budget plans in close collaboration with finance and
- marketing analytics teams
- Hire, manage, and develop a team of best-in-class performance marketers.
- Coach and mentor the team
- 8+ years experience managing customer acquisition marketing campaigns, ideally
- in the personal finance space – Personal Insurance, Credit Cards or Personal
- Deep understanding of traditional and emerging channels used for acquiring and
- retaining customers including but not limited to Creative, Targeting, Messaging,
- Offer, Channel Economics and Profitability. Experience with multi-touch
- attribution and media mix models
- Strong ability to analyze data and trends and translate insights into action to
- drive performance of campaigns
- Strong results focus. Ability to synthesize, prioritize and drive results with a high
- sense of urgency. Ability to think creatively and strategically, but a willingness
- and desire to ‘roll up your sleeves’
- Strong interpersonal skills that encourage team partnership, promote
- enthusiasm, and foster strategic thinking. Ability to communicate across all levels
- of the organization and in various forums
- Strong negotiation skills are a must
- Experience managing online and offline performance campaigns, ideally
- including some combination of paid search, paid social, direct mail, video, TV and
- Landing Page Optimization
- Experience managing $10MM+ marketing budgets
- Minimum of a BA/BS. Degree in quantitative field preferred but not required
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary plus equity
- Robust benefit options (health, dental, vision, 401K)
- Commuter and well-being benefits
- Generous parental leave
- Catered lunches and a fully stocked kitchen
- Monthly social events (Movies, game nights, park days, etc.)
- Mac equipment and adjustable workstations
Metromile is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.