Metromile is the leading pay-per-mile car insurance company in the U.S. We’re disrupting a $250 billion auto insurance category by offering an entirely new type of insurance that charges customers based on the miles they drive. We believe paying for what you use is more fair and more affordable. With pay-per-mile car insurance, low-mileage drivers see huge savings. We also believe in the power of data science and machine learning to make car insurance better and less complicated.
We're proud to say that Metromile has been named on Glassdoor's Best Place to Work in their 2018 Employees' Choice Awards list for the second year in a row!
About the role
The Partnership Marketing Associate is responsible for driving sales through Metromile’s affiliate and insurance aggregator partners. Your objective is to maximize the volume of profitable customers that we drive through these channels by growing new partnerships, analyzing bids-quote volume-sales funnel by partner, optimizing marketplace bidding strategy, and negotiating better terms with partners.
The Associate role sits within the Performance Marketing team, which is responsible for hitting the company’s sales and CPA goals through paid marketing. The channels you will manage in this role are expected to play a critical role in driving the company’s growth through 2019 and beyond.
You will report to the Performance Marketing team leader and work alongside a team of online and offline channel managers. You will extensively collaborate with Partnership/ Business Development to identify and forge new partnerships that can drive significant volume from target audiences. You will also collaborate extensively with Metromile’s engineering and product teams to oversee technical integration of new aggregator & affiliate partners.The ideal candidate for this role has at least a couple years experience with performance marketing, ideally managing affiliate/aggregators and/or paid search channels in the personal finance space.
You must be highly analytical, with the ability to dig deep and segment results across many variables to uncover opportunity. The role involves the oversight of many moving pieces, so you must have an excellent eye for detail and effectively prioritize tasks. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must. You must also be adept at managing projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Lead the strategy, planning and execution of all online performance partnerships
- Develop and execute innovative partnerships with car insurance aggregators to buy leads, clicks, and calls
- Identify and establish key partnerships including negotiating contracts and working with the product & engineering teams to set up integrations
- Work with our affiliate marketing agency to scale and optimize our affiliate marketing channel on Impact Radius
- Derive insights from campaign level performance and quality KPIs to continuously optimize for profitable growth
- Maintain a performance dashboard with support of our analysts to monitor partner performance, identify areas of opportunity, and be able to share high-level insight across the organization
- Effectively manage projects with strong organizational and communication skills
- 2-4 years experience in online performance marketing
- Highly analytical approach to driving digital customer acquisition
- Experience optimizing to performance KPIs including CPL/CPQ, CPA, and LTV
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize, prioritize and drive results with a high sense of urgency
- Thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment with a high capacity to multi-task and handle tight deadlines on a daily basis
- Strong interpersonal skills that encourage team partnership, promote enthusiasm and foster strategic thinking
- Strong negotiation skills required
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, but a willingness and desire to ‘roll up your sleeves’
- Experience with lead generation ecosystems & partnership development preferred
- Experience with Tableau and Google Analytics; SQL skills a big plus
- Experience with aggregator platforms like Everquote, MediaAlpha, and QuinStreet, (or comparable online lead gen in financial services, education, travel, etc) a big plus
- Minimum of a BA/BS. Degree in quantitative field preferred but not required
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working with lead aggregators Everquote, Quinstreet, Compare.com, Credit Karma is highly preferred
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary plus equity
- Robust benefit options (health, dental, vision, 401K)
- Commuter and well-being benefits
- Generous parental leave
- Catered lunches and a fully stocked kitchen
- Monthly social events (Movies, game nights, park days, etc.)
- Mac equipment and adjustable workstations
Metromile is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.