Metromile is the leading pay-per-mile car insurance company in the U.S. We’re disrupting a $250 billion auto insurance category by offering an entirely new type of insurance that charges customers based on the miles they drive. We believe paying for what you use is more fair and more affordable. With pay-per-mile car insurance, low-mileage drivers see huge savings. We also believe in the power of data science and machine learning to make car insurance better and less complicated.
We're proud to say that Metromile has been named on Glassdoor's Best Place to Work in their 2018 Employees' Choice Awards list for the second year in a row!
About the role
The Creative & Brand Strategy Director will develop the creative strategy, messaging, and positioning for Metromile and ensure it is consistently delivered across all creative executions. This role is responsible for driving strategic creative decisions across marketing channels and managing the internal creative team. You will partner closely with performance marketing and product to ensure that all creative resources deliver high-quality work that represents the Metromile brand consistently. The ideal candidate will have a strategic understanding of all disciplines of marketing, creative, production, and media across all channels. Demonstrated first-hand experience in developing messaging, positioning, personas, and creative development oversight is critical for this role. Experience managing client-side in-house creative teams is a plus.
- Develop strategic approach to messaging, creative platform, and creative testing plan for the brand
- Develop creative marketing programs and design concepts that meet the business objectives of the organization and advance our brand
- Build and manage internal creative team (including visual and web design, creative writing, and videography)
- Manage external creative agencies and designers as needed
- Advise and coordinate with all parts of the company, including product, sales, and support, to ensure consistency and quality of brand experience at every touchpoint
- Maintain brand guidelines
- Consistently deliver timely, high-quality executions of brand experiences
- Partner with the Head of Product Design to ensure a cohesive experience across all channels and touchpoints
- Work with all members of the marketing department in the development of strategically sound, integrated marketing communications plans and creative.
- Oversee all stages of project planning, production, and deployment to ensure the highest level of quality.
- Provide leadership within the creative team by reviewing all creative work, giving strategic feedback, and ensuring that the team stays on brief and breaks new ground.
- Lead regular creative review meetings with partners to create and share learnings
- 7+ years of creative and/or brand strategy hands on work, ideally managing a creative team
- Experience leading creative across TV, paid social, and owned channels
- Experience managing a team and skilled at cross-functional leadership
- Experience within a performance-driven culture preferred
- Demonstrated track record for understanding how creative drives business performance and how to test, learn, and evolve creative
- A strong customer-centric mindset -- you are always thinking about how all the different touchpoints with customers add up to a cohesive experience across all channels and platforms
Nice to Haves
- A degree in design, visual communication, or another related field
- Experience designing consumer technology products
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary plus equity
- Robust benefit options (health, dental, vision, 401K)
- Commuter and well-being benefits
- Generous parental leave
- Catered lunches and a fully stocked kitchen
- Monthly social events (Movies, game nights, park days, etc.)
- Mac equipment and adjustable workstations
Metromile is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.