Metromile is the leading pay-per-mile car insurance company in the U.S. We’re disrupting a $250 billion auto insurance category by offering an entirely new type of insurance that charges customers based on the miles they drive. We believe paying for what you use is more fair and more affordable. With pay-per-mile car insurance, low-mileage drivers see huge savings. We also believe in the power of data science and machine learning to make car insurance better and less complicated.
We're proud to say that Metromile has been named on Glassdoor's Best Place to Work in their 2018 Employees' Choice Awards list for the second year in a row!
About the role
The Brand Manager will work closely with the Head of Brand and Creative Director and the CMO, to chart a strategic course for the brand that will influence marketing efforts, product roadmaps, and business decisions. As the Brand manager, you’ll be in charge of developing a deeper understanding of our customers and using those insights to build multi-channel campaigns that help shape the brand. You’re also the Brand ambassador, the Brand police, and the Brand champion, working across multiple departments, orgs, and offices, keeping a finger on the pulse of the business, and ensuring continuity. This is a pivotal time for the Brand as we stand poised to invest in and develop awareness and brand building initiatives for the first time in the history of the startup. You’ll be in on the ground floor and will have a real hand in shaping the next three years and beyond.
- Leverage and influence customer and market research to develop Brand insights
- Design a research-based Brand strategy
- Assess the landscape and develop a deeper understanding of the category
- Test positioning, messaging, and creative
- Analyze consumer research and business data to guide Brand & creative strategies
- Anticipate consumer trends
- Identify and advocate initiatives that drive Brand and acquisition
- Work closely with channel managers to develop creative briefs
- Work closely with in-house agency and external partners to help develop and execute marketing campaigns
- Work with cross-functional teams and multiple offices to ensure Brand alignment and continuity
- Understand the high leverage interactions between the Brand and customers and influence the organization to convert day-to-day interactions into 'wow' moments that create positive influence on the Brand
- Regularly share research, insights, and strategies across departments
- Define KPI’s that measure and track brand perception among prospects and customers
- Identify levers that can influence brand perception
- Measure and report on success of campaigns
- Manage budgets and track expenditures
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field
- Minimum of 8 years brand marketing experience with demonstrated track record of planning & executing creative marketing programs
- A strong foundational understanding of both consumer research and business analytics
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication/presentation skills, and a proven ability to work collaboratively across a number of internal and external teams
- High degree of comfort managing multiple projects
- Highly organized with strong project management skills, and the ability to be autonomous in a fast-paced environment
- Results-oriented, self-motivated, extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working in the insurance category
- Ability to confidently use analytics software
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary plus equity
- Robust benefit options (health, dental, vision, 401K)
- Commuter and well-being benefits
- Generous parental leave
- Catered lunches and a fully stocked kitchen
- Monthly social events (Movies, game nights, park days, etc.)
- Mac equipment and adjustable workstations
Metromile is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.