Metromile is the leading pay-per-mile car insurance company in the U.S. We’re disrupting a $250 billion auto insurance category by offering an entirely new type of insurance that charges customers based on the miles they drive. We believe paying for what you use is more fair and more affordable. With pay-per-mile car insurance, low-mileage drivers see huge savings. We also believe in the power of data science and machine learning to make car insurance better and less complicated.
We're proud to say that Metromile has been named on Glassdoor's Best Place to Work in their 2018 Employees' Choice Awards list for the second year in a row!
About the role
As a Product growth leader, you’ll be working closely with product, design, marketing and a dedicated set of engineers to leverage our product for growth—and you’ll be tasked with developing strategies to grow our markets on a national scale. This means you’ll help drive our retention strategy, build engaging features for our website, dashboard, and mobile apps, and everything in between. We’re growing users and markets at a rapid rate, and our ability to execute effectively will rely upon the features produced from this role. We're looking for someone with a strong product, technical, and analytical background who can think holistically about the Metromile customer experience—and how to use it as a growth engine. This position reports to the Chief Product Officer.
- Drive adoption, usage, and revenue growth through product changes
- Take a data-driven approach to identifying the biggest growth opportunities
- Oversee end-to-end feature design, build, QA, and release
- Employ an analytical approach to identify trends, performance, and revenue
- Identify market solutions, and support new initiatives for teams across Metromile
- Work closely with our marketing team to understand growth objectives
- Identify, analyze and prioritize roadmaps of product features and enhancements
- Work with our engineering team to launch new operational product features
- 5+ years of professional work experience
- 3+ years of product experience
- Command over data with a strong analytical bend
- Passion to try new things and aggressively test new ideas
- Experience working in a fast paced technology startup environment
- Penchant for solving complex problems
- Passion for design and building beautiful products for customers
- Desire to gets things done quickly and to ship product often
- BA / BS in Engineering, Business, or related field required
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary plus equity
- Robust benefit options (health, dental, vision, 401K)
- Commuter and well-being benefits
- Generous parental leave
- Catered lunches and a fully stocked kitchen
- Monthly social events (Movies, game nights, park days, etc.)
- Mac equipment and adjustable workstations
- Be surrounded by intelligent, like-minded, fun, outgoing co-workers
Metromile is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.