Method is a global design and engineering consultancy founded in 1999. We believe that innovation should be meaningful, beautiful and human. We craft practical, powerful digital experiences that improve lives and transform businesses. Our teams [based in New York, Charlotte, Atlanta, London, Bengaluru, and remote] work with a wide range of organizations in many industries, including Healthcare, Financial Services, Retail, Automotive, Aviation, and Professional Services. This is a Mexico City based role.
Method is part of GlobalLogic, a digital product engineering company. GlobalLogic integrates experience design and complex engineering to help our clients imagine what’s possible and accelerate their transition into tomorrow’s digital businesses. GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company.
As an Associate Director of Product Design, you balance leading and contributing to the Product Design process- framing design opportunities with clients, concept explorations, prototyping and testing, building developer ready designs, creating design systems (or component libraries) and ongoing iteration of the future of our client’s products. You partner closely with a client, serving as an internal champion to ensure our work meets their needs and also serving as an advisor to further their business aspirations through design. You guide your team and others in expressing customer needs and business opportunities through beautiful, useful and usable product experiences. You contribute to the career growth of a small group of product designers, helping them hone their craft, find their voice and contribute to our organization.
- Actively design converged, multi channel digital solutions while building systems to empower the team you lead
- Lead multidisciplinary teams through complex projects using agile and/or lean product development
- Collaborate on and influence the different stages of a digital product—this includes product definition, user research efforts, low and high fidelity design, user testing, development and QA
- Contribute to, and interpret primary and secondary research to inform the user interaction and visual direction of a product or service. Research methods include user and business stakeholder interviews, generative customer research, usability evaluations, concept validation, and user testing
- Partner closely with a client, serving as an internal champion to ensure our work meets their needs and also serving as an advisor to further their business aspirations through design.
- Mentor and/or manage others in the product design discipline
- Impact Method through common missions that better serve our projects, our people and the world at large
- Practice responsible design (accessible and inclusive)
- Foster a culture of curiosity on the interplay between design, product and technology that manifests in how projects are framed and executed
- Fluent in English with excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills. Ability to successfully articulate design concepts and intent to your team and your client
- A portfolio in English that highlights your direct contributions to the full product design process (Discovery → Definition → Design Execution and Developer Handoff). It should follow a case study narrative articulating participation and personal role throughout each project
- Your story/portfolio reflects a solid foundation in understanding the complexity and intricacies of business problems, human needs and how they can be solved through products delivered. Your work to solve these is a perfect blend of form and function
- Demonstrated success in launching digital products and services. 1+ year team management experience
- 7+ years experience in UI/UX, interaction or digital product design from consultancies, in-house environments etc. 1+ year team management experience either in HR capacity or project team leadership
- Effective time management skills to balance project schedule with fast-paced deadlines
- Ability to collaborate with engineers, product managers etc. as it pertains to developing digital products
- A strong, empathetic leader on projects who inspires and encourages their team members to deliver the highest quality work
- A working knowledge of web and mobile technologies, platforms and frameworks (and their constraints)
- Demonstrated mastery of common design tools (Figma, Sketch, etc.). Bonus points for front-end development design skills
We look for individuals who are smart, kind and brave. Curious people with a natural ability to think on their feet, learn fast, and develop points-of-view for a constantly changing world find Method an exciting place to work. Our employees are excited to collaborate with dispersed and diverse teams that bring together the best in thinking and making. We champion the ability to listen, and believe that critique and dissonance lead to better outcomes. We believe everyone has the capacity to lead and look for proactive individuals who can take and give direction, lead by example, enjoy the making as much as they do the thinking, especially at senior and leadership levels.
We believe in work/life balance. Seriously. We offer a ton of competitive perks, including:
- Continuing education opportunities
- Paid time off and work-from-home policies
- Complementary private medical and dental coverage
- Fondo de ahorro
- Life insurance
- Health and wellness programs
- Parental leave
- Additional benefits including: IMSS, Aguinaldo, food vouchers
If Method sounds like the place for you, please submit an application. Also, let us know if you have a presence online with a portfolio, GitHub, Dribbble or other platform.
* For information on how we process your personal data please see Privacy.
* You can find more information about how GlobalLogic processes your personal data and what your rights are in the Recruitment Privacy Notice.