Method is a global design and engineering consultancy founded in 1999. We believe that innovation should be meaningful, beautiful and human. We craft practical, powerful digital experiences that improve lives and transform businesses. Our teams [based in New York, Charlotte, Atlanta, London, and remote] work with a wide range of organizations in many industries, including Healthcare, Financial Services, Retail, Automotive, Aviation, and Professional Services.
Method currently has an opportunity to build and expand its Data Design, Strategy, and Engineering offerings. The opportunity is solving real data needs for an enterprise client where you will work as part of a team to help them build data capabilities. From a technology side, the client has selected Amazon Web Services, Snowflake, and Matillion, so experience in one or more of these technologies is required. Method has a core value centered on learning, so if you wonder if you’re qualified (or need to learn one of the tech stacks), please apply and we can decide together if this opportunity is a good fit for you.
Beyond the specific opportunity, our Data Engineers use languages such as Python, R, or Java to transform data, develop data pipelines and create visualization in the full spectrum of product development, working with a team to write great software and build engaging products. Do you have the technical and relational skills to build business-critical applications with a high-performing, cross-functional team? You will learn how to build digital products, meet clients where they are, and understand modern product development as you grow at Method.
Method is on a mission to help clients develop new capabilities while making their jobs and lives simpler through well-designed and built software. We believe in seeking diverse perspectives in order to build the most valuable outcomes. Our people are empowered to meet the needs of clients, share what they know, and make Method a great culture.
We expect that you are a human first and an engineer second. Come ready to collaborate, learn, and improve both your clients and Method.
- 5+ years of data development experience
- 3+ years of experience leading a team
- 2+ years of experience with the cloud (AWS, Azure and/or Google Cloud Platform)
- 2+ years of experience in cloud-based data warehouses (Snowflake, Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, Azure Synapse Analytics)
- 2+ years of experience with cloud-based ETL/ELT tools (Matillion, Glue, Data Factory) and data modeling
- Demonstrated knowledge of SQL, Java, Python, C/C++, Scala, Julia, SAS and/or other modern data and analytics programming languages
- Data warehousing, big data (Hadoop, Spark, Storm), noSQL, and business analytics
- Ability to develop ELT data pipelines in and out of data warehouse using combination Matillion and Snowflake’s SnowSQL
- Ability to understand data pipelines and modern ways of automating data pipelines using AWS technologies such as Lambda.
- Ability to integrate on premise infrastructure with public cloud (AWS, Azure) infrastructure
- To work as part of a team to develop ELT code in Matillion for real-time data and batch.
- Participate in the development of cloud data warehouses, data marts and views for business intelligence.
- Work well with others
- Love the journey as much as the destination
We look for individuals who are smart, kind and brave. Curious people with a natural ability to think on their feet, learn fast, and develop points-of-view for a constantly changing world find Method an exciting place to work. Our employees are excited to collaborate with dispersed and diverse teams that bring together the best in thinking and making. We champion the ability to listen, and believe that critique and dissonance lead to better outcomes. We believe everyone has the capacity to lead and look for proactive individuals who can take and give direction, lead by example, enjoy the making as much as they do the thinking, especially at senior and leadership levels.
We believe in work/life balance. Seriously. We offer a ton of competitive perks, including:
- Continuing education opportunities
- Flexible PTO and work-from-home policies
- 401K matching
- Health, Dental and Vision benefits, starting on day 1
- Friday company lunches, company outings, along with beer and a lot of snacks
- Health and wellness programs
- Other location specific perks (just ask!)
If Method sounds like the place for you, please submit an application. Also, let us know if you have a presence online with a blog, Twitter, GitHub, Dribbble or other platform.
* For information on how we process your personal data please see Privacy.
* If you are a California resident, more details on how we process your personal information can be found in the CCPA Recruitment Privacy Notice (https://www.globallogic.com/privacy/ccpa-recruitment-privacy-notice/)"