Method is a global design and engineering consultancy founded in 1999. We believe that innovation should be meaningful, beautiful and human. We craft practical, powerful digital experiences that improve lives and transform businesses. Our teams [based in New York, Charlotte, Atlanta, London, and remote] work with a wide range of organizations in many industries, including Healthcare, Financial Services, Retail, Automotive, Aviation, and Professional Services.
Method is seeking an Associate Director of Product Design. As Associate Director, you lead product design projects — from framing design opportunities with clients, concept explorations, prototyping and testing, detailed design and ongoing iteration of the future of our client’s products. You guide your team and others in expressing customer needs and business opportunities through beautiful, useful and usable product experiences. You manage the career growth of a group of product designers, helping them hone their craft, find their voice and contribute to our organization.
- Design converged, multi channel solutions with different disciplines in a highly collaborative environment
- Lead multidisciplinary teams through complex projects
- Collaborate on and influence the different stages of a digital product—this includes product definition, user research efforts, development & QA
- Lead teams and have invaluable individual contribution in the creation of design artifacts including initial concepts, prototypes, detailed designs etc.
- Impact Method through common missions that better serve our projects, our people and the world at large
- Practice responsible design (accessible and inclusive)
- Foster a culture of curiosity on projects
- Play a design leadership role in agile and/or lean product development
- Demonstrated success in launching digital products and services. 1+ year team management experience
- 7+ years experience in digital product design from consultancies, inhouse environments etc. Your story/portfolio reflects a solid foundation in understanding the complexity and intricacies of business problems, human needs and how they can be solved through products delivered. Your work to solve these is a perfect blend of form and function.
- Undergraduate and/or Masters Degree in Design [product, visual/interaction] or equivalent professional experience
- Effective time management skills to balance project schedule with fast-paced deadlines
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to successfully articulate design concepts and intent to your team and your client
- Ability to collaborate with engineers, product managers etc. as it pertains to developing digital products
- A strong, empathetic leader on projects who inspires and encourages their team members to deliver the highest quality work.
- A portfolio that reflects your strengths in both UX and visual design skills
- Demonstrated mastery of common design tools (Figma, Sketch, etc.). Bonus points for front end development design skills and low
We look for individuals who are smart, kind and brave. Curious people with a natural ability to think on their feet, learn fast, and develop points-of-view for a constantly changing world find Method an exciting place to work. Our employees are excited to collaborate with dispersed and diverse teams that bring together the best in thinking and making. We champion the ability to listen, and believe that critique and dissonance lead to better outcomes. We believe everyone has the capacity to lead and look for proactive individuals who can take and give direction, lead by example, enjoy the making as much as they do the thinking, especially at senior and leadership levels.
We believe in work/life balance. Seriously. We offer a ton of competitive perks, including:
- Continuing education opportunities
- Flexible PTO and work-from-home policies
- 401K matching
- Health, Dental and Vision benefits, starting on day 1
- Friday company lunches, company outings, along with beer and a lot of snacks
- Health and wellness programs
- Other location specific perks (just ask!)
If Method sounds like the place for you, please submit an application. Also, let us know if you have a presence online with a blog, Twitter, GitHub, Dribbble or other platform.
* For information on how we process your personal data please see Privacy.
* If you are a California resident, more details on how we process your personal information can be found in the CCPA Recruitment Privacy Notice (https://www.globallogic.com/privacy/ccpa-recruitment-privacy-notice/)"